Approaching kart track owners

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumble

Reaction score
I know of only a couple guys on here who may have done this, but does anyone have a way of talking to a kart track to get a track day.

In South Australia we have a pocket bike club that races on AKA ( Australian Karting Association) tracks, but they are not interested in having big bikes, minitards, race with them.

So, at this stage its just me, but as they say build it and they will come, how do i go about it, without a club backing me up???? insurance ect???

I also race big tards and the club who hold ride days atujara, seems like my only way to have a club back me up, at this stage i have had no discussion with them.

The other thing that comes to mind is demonstration laps on a kart day??

Any one talked to kart mania?

Good luck with trying to get use of a Kart track as they don't like minitards anywhere near them if they are a financial club. Reason they Go Kart drivers get one look at a minitard and will give the Go Kart up as it is too exciting for them not to race. (this is the words of a successful Go Kart Club). If they are a very well used track then they won't let you near their track but if it is a club that is struggling then they will discuss the track use with them.
The problems are the same with us and that if you have say 20 bikes $50 then they might listen too you, but a couple of bikes they won't even discuss it.
If you want to race there are all sorts of issues to sort such as MA or MSA track inspection and fee$$, supplying flag marshalls, race officials, permits and the list goes on. Your best bet is to Hook up with the Pocket bikes and share the cost, tack time and permits.
As for demonstration laps on a Kart day FPMSL hohoho not being rude but they ain't gonna help you get some of their members and you can't ride on a day when an AKA permit is running for a track as bikes and Karts run under different governing bodies.
Hope this basically explains what you are up against.
A big good luck and hope it is successful.

Has the pocket bike club over there had a bit of a "flush" of the committee members?? I know one individual was dead against it and as long as he is pulling the strings you have no chance :( There are a few guys coming through over there and the sentiment may have changed?? Like SP said your are best to tag on to an established club, be it minimoto or supermoto, you have both over there. If you want some contacts with in apba or samra or what ever they are called flick me a pm and I'll hook you up via facebook.

Latest posts

Back