Are shivers worth the extra $$$$????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko451

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Will be after some new forks in the near future and was just wondering if its worth paying the extra few hundred for the Marzocchi Shivers aposed to buying some fastace forks???

Cheers
Nicko

Well you can get a used Shiver 01 or 03 for normal bikes... MUCH cheaper and its basicly the same thing. Only this is the bottom end... Pit bikes are 15 mm hubs and bikes are 20 mm front hubs. Only thing you'll really need is spacers to make it fit properly. Its just a suggestion though.

Well i know Marzocchi is one of the leaders in MX suspension, so the extra cash probably won't be a waste. But like i said, a DH bike Shiver would do the job for MUCH cheaper. It would just need much harder springs, thicker oil and you'd be probably good to go.

But if you can buy a MX shiver, why not !?

i use shiver forks, find them way better than the fast ace, defiantly worth the extra dollars if you got it, pretty sure my axle is 15mm

Well it does depend what forks your talking about...

the shivers that come on a few China bikes getting around are a downgraded you could say version of the Shivers that cost $1500+ for the crf50

And getting DH forks on a minibike , would take abit of effort im assuming..?

I still say As-01 fastaces . not as-02 or as-03s , they are really great forks .. more adjustable then the China Marzocchies .. the clamps and fork legs look alot better as well i reckon.

get zocchi reps from dhz good cheap forks

ok kool! i did do some research and there seems to be only 2 types of shivers, the kx65/klx/drx etc and ones for the CRf/XR50 didnt find any info of just cheap ones for china's!

Latest posts

Back