Atomic 140cc ProX

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorro

Reaction score
Hey all,

So this isn't going to be my bike as such, we struggled to think of something to get my other halfs younger brother for Christmas as he is hell bent on wanting a quad I have tried to talk him into a 2 wheeler. Will see how it goes as he is adamant that he will only ride quads so it may well be mine soon lol.

Picked it up at a garage sale a few weeks back for $120 believe it or not. It's from what I gather a 2009 Atomik ProX 140cc, the last before the model designations changed (I think). The bloke bought it for his daughter, ridden less than a handful of times and sat in a shed. Ran rough as guts and wouldn't idle, no pressure in rear brake, handlebars crooked & overall needed a clean. Apart from that his story checked out as I struggled to find a stonechip on it, no scratches showing it had been dropped, good compression and the exhaust hadn't changed colour near the head so I was satisfied it was good as new.

All I have done was;
- drop the oil and replace with edge 10-60
- change plug
- pull down of carb, clean and rebuild.
- Cleaned out fuel tank
- bled front/rear brakes and got a pedal back on rear.
- new rear tube
- new sticker kit (as you will see from the pic stickering isn't one of my talents :D)

So after all of that I have ridden the bike, tuned to idle and start, adjusted handlebars & throttle position and given a clean. Motor is crisp and even my 88kg is happy to pick a wheel up in 2nd with no clutch. It does need a decent carb on it or larger jets as I'm not 100% happy with the plug colour being on the lean side.

Anyway here is a pic ready to present 'from Santa'. Cheers, Ash

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356326361.460990.jpg

I reckon it looks the goods mate, and the price was right for sure, the crf50 graphics actually mash in good with the plastics colour and i reckon ya did a great job on the application. Maybe hes not to confident in his mind about a 2 wheeler but will love it id say when he does ride the beast.

What a bargain! I think rotn's on the money mate, if he's never riddin a 2 wheel before its probably just confidence. The best thing about mini's is there a great started bike, tell him to keep his thump over the kill switch for the first few laps, at worst case scenario stand up ;) Good luck with it anyways mate!

Well I'm happy to say he is wrapped with it, a few laps up the street and was convinced. We also got him a helmet and riding pants, will be heading bush in a couple of days so he can get used to it on the farm. He has ridden PW50 a few times, I think it's the whole gears/clutch thing he isn't used to

Look for what we paid to what ended up with couldn't be happier. I budgeted to spend at least 200 notes to sort it out as I expected to need a new rear shock and other bits so very happy that my spend was only the $30 for the sticker kit off eBay and $10 for rear tube.

It needs a main jet as still showing too light on the plug but in saying that it is safe and ready to ride for longer that 5-10mins.

Thanks guys, will teach him what I know and let him discover the rest. I have home the advice my dad gave me many years ago - 'it's a bike, you will fall off, you will get hurt, just keep that in your head and know your limits'

Last edited:
rotn50, the sticker kit actually needed a fair bit of modification to fit. The plastics while being similar to the Honda are a little off and have openings etc in different places so a blade and Stanley knife were my friend.

That's sweet mate, try dropping the slide needle to the bottom to Richens it , good news on the young fella liking the bike

Latest posts

Back