atomik 125cc wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 9190

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Have had a quick search thru the forums and tried a few thigns to get it going but nothing helps.

I got the bikes a few weeks ago and took it out for the first time on the weekend. got it reeeeealy muddy etc. Gave it a quick hose off before we left the place and gave it a more thorough cleaning today.

Made sure to keep water away from the electrics and the carby(although i may have spashed the ignition key thingy a little).

Gave it a few mins to drip dry and then started it to burn off the water...i read that that was what you were supposed to do.

Was going fine...and then for some reason i loosened the carby screw cos im a moron. bunch of fuel came out and i tightened it back up and now it wont start.

Have tried kicking, elec start, 3rd gear clutch starting. Is full of fuel, fuel taps on, ignitions on, kill switch is off. Still no joy.

Any ideas?

by the way it went really well when i took it out engine sounded fine etc.
I also changed the oil when i got back...dunno if that helps?

u might have flooded carb when screw was loosened.
the key ignition getting wet isnt an issue.
check that the cdi is plugged in and working.

i think you just emptied the carby . try holding the throttle on a little bit maybe :)

i just checked i am getting spark from the plug. So i assume the whole electrics system is working fine. Have tried giving it throttle while starting in electric and kick. infact ive kicked the bastard that many times that the sole of my foot is all bruised haha.

Flooded carby means what? Is there a fix or do i just give it time?

Man im so worried that ive buggered it after the first ride. Does this sound like a serious issue?

really? man i jsut did that like last week. should be squeaky clean.
So does this mean the reason my engine wont start is because theres no fuel getting in there?

hay mate calm down everything should be ok

have you tried using the choke when you start?

use choke and a little bit of throttle and should start but make sure you dont ride with choke on

when you wash your bike, take the air filter off and where the carbie opening is get some glad wrap and cover it, then secure it with a rubber band. water can go anywhere else, electrics, key ignition, etc.

if nothing works then just give it a bit of time and try again.

hope this helps u..

Oh and DONT KICK IT 2 MANY TIMES. make sure you only kick it bout 8 - 10 times MAX then turn off the fuel and kick it about 5 times then you can turn the fuel on. This will prevent flooding.

Flooding means the carbie has to much fuel in it and wont start. You can fix it by turning the fuel off and kicking it. If it starts it will run a bit funny for a while, so it burns the excess fuel.

just drain the carby i had the same problem i just had water in the bowl

strip the carby down and clean it and let it dry and wak it back on and it should be all good

Latest posts

Back