Atomik 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_M_I_D_D_Y

Reaction score
Hey, im new to this site. i have recently purchased a atomik 125cc for my brother 2nd hand, and it will not run right, what would you think the problem is? it hadnt been ridden in 6-8 months and now it wont idle and backfires alot and wont rev properly,, i have drained the fuel tank an carby bowl and put frest fuel in, and a new ngk sparkplug, which has made a difference but it still wont run right. any ideas?
Edit: the engine is a ducar semi auto 4 speed

Last edited:
Gday, welcome to the site
You might have to pull the carb down and give it a clean out and tune, aswell as the check the orings at the carb end of the manifold and the gasket at the head end.
Good luck with it:)

aah tuning. not my strong point.. any advice there? ballpark settings for what you run on a similar engine?

i think 1.5-2.5 turns out on the air screw and set everything else where it was before you pulled her down lol
Cant go off my setup cause of the tunnel ram manifold lol

try the compression ( is that what its called i tink it is) that was messed up on my bike and when dad fixed it it just kicked the first time every time and the backfiring stopped

yea that sounds like what he means...happened to mine...all good now. :D

Sounds about right, i will swipe some feeler guages from work tomorrow and adjust em after work n see how we go.
Cheers

Last edited:
cheers boys, both valves had no clearance, i set both to .07 (.003"ish) and seems to have made a big difference, i also tryed my mates sparkie which is differnent to mine an with that in it ran fine so i will pick one up tomorrow. thanks for the heads up on the valve issues

Latest posts

Back