atomik blitz with a jap motor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
hi all havnt been on here in a long time loving the new site layout just a quick question i have an 87cr125 engine complete and running and was wondering if i could shoehorn it into an atomik blitz as i have one with a exploded motor i know someone who can weld just about anything Tig, Mig and arc so just wanted some opinions

The blitz frame seems quite sturdy for what it is, don't think it would need any reinforcement however the additional vibrations from a CR125 is something to look out for. So make sure the engine mounts and brackets get properly secured

Does the CR125 engine has a mounting tab on the head? if not it'd certainly be worth welding one onto it to prevent it reduce vibration and twisting force. You want at least 3 mounting points (bottom rear, top middle/rear and front of engine) to cover all axis adequately. Then double check existing mount point welds to ensure no cracks or missed spots

I doubt it'll be a problem, but i'm thinking of the CR500 engines that drop into CRF250 frames. The 500's vibrate A LOT and some of them have cracked frames because of it, mostly from not adequately mounting the cylinder head to the frame

the cr motor has a head mount and yer i know the importance of a headmount as for mounting it will have the swingarm bolt a beaffy head bracket and the two on the case on to the lower frame and yer the cr500AF's are notorious for cracking frames due to poorly made head stays and its only going to be a trail basher the ****e 250 four strokes they use in the blitz are 1.gutless 2.unreliable plus the upside to using the cr motor is the 10kgs ill save plus 2strokes are wicked fun lol

Latest posts

Back