Atomik Button Start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slide_em

Reaction score
I have recently bought an atomik 125cc moto x and having a couple of little probs with the button start could someone plz help. My button start doesn't seem to be workin, the starter spins up when battery is connected :confused: but it doesn't start the bike any ideas? cheers..

dont no mate, get rid of push button start and use the kick start, shouldnt have a problem then. ive never used the push buttons so dont no much on them

Way more info needed

1. When you press the button does the starter turnover?
  2. Have you checked for shorts?
  3. Battery charged?
  4. Does it start when you kick start it?
  5. Has the starter ever worked?

The more info you can provide the more help everyone can provide you.

get a test light and make sure you got voltage at all the right places

He said the starter spins over but doesn't starting the bike... Now the question is does it spin with the button or not, if yes it does spin over with the start button there is nothing wrong with the start button. Problem solved.

But you have another problem now, battery is probly low because its not spinning over quick enuff to get the bike going, is my guess.

my cosins got an orion with a electric start and it dosnt work very well unless hes been riding for a while (to charge the batery i guess)

do u have the choke on, or do u give it a bit of throtle, might be something simple!

but anyways i dont think an electric start is realy necisary on a pit bike, its just extra weight in my opinion

It was funny i got the same bike, and thought mine didn't work, but i forgot you had to hold the front break in lol

cheers for getting back to me i will be checkin them things and i'll get back to you's. also a mate of mine has the exact bike and his doesn't work aswell:confused: !!
i think atomik starters might just be faulty??

has ur electric start chain snapped or come off the sprocket?

just to clear this up, you said the starter spins over with the battery conected.. you mean as in battery straight to the starter, by-passing the electrical system?

yes i by-passed the system to spin the starter so yeah, i know that works. just wondering if anyone has wiring plans or circut layout.

I had similar problems with my hummer - but it was to do with my simpleness :p

My problem ended up being a wiring problem. I didn't connect the wires to the clutch lever switch. basically, there is a two-wire cable that had to be connected to the two connects on the clutch lever switch. Once connected, you hold the clutch in and press the start button and it fires straight up.

Have a squiz around for the wire and make sure it is connected to the clutch lever switch.

Hope this helps.

why bother with a fag button on a mini

pull all the crap off and ya problem is solved

Latest posts

Back