Atomik Kuda Pro - HELP!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitboys

Reaction score
Hi everybody, brand new to forum and haven't really ridden since i was a kid...20 years ago. Now have 2 boys of my own... and well you can guess the rest.
Appreicate that I know little about bikes...

1) I just bought an Atomik Kuda Pro 250cc but am having a couple of issues. The bike ran for about 20minutes then stopped and I can't seem to get it started again. I have cleaned the plug a couple of times and it seems to run for about 10 secs. then stops. Pull the plug out again and its black. Couldbe running very rich but surely this is not the only thing and surely it wouldn't foul up that quick just on fuel? Not an NGK plug either but i have spark.

2) When it arrived a lead was hanging off that should be connected to either the front brake lever or the clutch lever, i think it may have something to do with the electonic start but am unsure as to where it connects. Can anybody tell me which lever it should connect to and is there a fuse that is used in the line somewher for the eclectornic starter.

See attached photo of the wire:confused:

Guys any help you can give me to get this thing working properly so I can ride with the boys would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 44
This may sound silly, but have you found the choke? If you have then it is doing the same thing as mine. Try taking the bling top off your petrol cap. Sometimes they are not letting the tank breathe and create a vacuum in the tank. Put a filter on the line from the tank (mine did not come with one). Last check the float in the carby and or possibly the jets. Sometimes these bikes come out with the wrong jets. They are setup in China and run for 5 mins max before they hit our shores. You can ask Atomik about it but goodluck.

Connect the wires to the clutch lever,bike wont start unless clutch lever is pulled in(once wires are connected).

Best of luck.

Just bypass these wires by joining them together mate. You have to be careful once you do this as the bike willnow start in gear....I've done it on mine so I can get her going if I brake a cluth lever in the back of nomans land.

As for the intermittant running....Buy a new NGK plug ar equiv....the standard plugs are shite and often foul up or just dont work, and then give it a go....lets us know if it fixes it for you...it should.

Cheers Doc

Last edited:
Guys, Thanks very much for your help. I bought a new NGK plug and bang, first time start. It has since fouled up again, even with the new NGK plug so I have leaned it up a turn. I am also told I may need a 'hot' plug as this will help burn the carbon away. Have not heard of that before but will try it out.

Wildman & CibbyDoc, thanks re the wires - Atomik are going to replace the wires first so I will try that. If it doesn't work then I'll just bypass as you suggest I think.
Thanks guys. The boys and I enjoyed a full hour of riding before mine stopped again.

Latest posts

Back