Atomik Kuda Starting Problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

----M@TT----

Reaction score
Hey guys, well i took my kuda out for a first proper ride and for some reason the battery was flat. so i went to kick start it and the sonofa bich wouldnt start. I have a sore foot from kicking it thats how much i tried. So i charged the battery for a bit the i electric started it and it started immedaitely, Why wont it kick start?

I'm not that helpful... but with my rx125 a similar thing happens, like the ele start works so much better then the kick start. It has to be at the TDC to be kick started or it just won't go. I just always make sure my battery is nice and charged ha ha.

Cheers, i do the TDC but still wont even kick over. U have to time the revs perfectly with the kick or it wont start.

it's just the kickstarters on those bikes. they run a very poor lever ratio, and the gears on the actual kickstart shaft engage way too late... ie, you're halfway through the kickstarts stroke before the gears engage and start turning the motor. I've got the same problem with the Blitz. you can kick until your blue in the face and it wont fire, the second you hit the magic button it fires into life... Frustrating...
Long story short, it doesnt spin the motor over quick enough to start it easily.
Best thing you can do, is replace the battery with something a little better quality, and charge it before going out riding...

Latest posts

Back