atomik motorsports

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perez2036

Reaction score
what do you think of atomik and their bikes

what are the good bikes they have and the shit bikes

personally i have seen most of their bikes go great especially in the bottom end power range and the suspension usually holds up quite well atleast thats me from watchin slide riding his atomik rs but yeh they seem to go pretty well

something along these lines has been done before but anywho

imo they are quite average but some will say that all the bits come out of the same factory but then it comes down to which bits are used to save the dealer x amount

i wont go through and tell you which bikes are good and which arnt expect that MSO (MSO Motocycles - Home tell them you are from miniriders.com.au when you make an enquiry and you will be wowed at service and discount) bikes are pretty much top of the line bikes for around the same price maybe a little more expensive than atomik and bikes of the same quality standard as MSO are probably motovert and pitserter pro (both are somewhere around the $2000 - $3000 not sure)

but im not gonna go through and tell ya which bikes from atomik are good cause then you still have no idea what your looking for

things to check are
engine brand - maybe not so important cause the engines are complete packages on there own your looking for a quality bike not just the engine but lifan own the pit bike scene depending on size
frame - for a pit bike you dont want a twin spar frame look for a chromo trublles cradle frame with removable sub-frame thats for pit bikes the twin spar on the G4 hummer apparently is quite good (dont quote my spelling)
suspension - this is where dealers will clean up as quality rear shocks (that inc. rebound and compression(?) adjustment) are somewhere around the $100 - $200 mark reputable brands include dnm and fastace and front suspension aka. forks (same again that inc. rebound and compression adjustment) will alone set someone back anywhere from $350 - $500 or $600 (dont quote me) so in the suspension alone at minimum and im not sure that you will find decent forks for $350 but thats say $450 just in suspension

other things to look out for are things like
- Alloy Swingarm (i think one with a code 6061 are quality)
- Wiring (you will find out from the threads around the site that some are wired with sections that end up on the exhaust or tire and although you could possibly put a ziptie around them it still adds to the overall finish of the bike)
-all china tires wear out quickly, there are some good brands around but i cant think of them
- handlebars (a quality brand is pro taper they cost anywhere between $80 - $150? really i have no idea :))
- little bits here and there like all cnc alloy bits blah blah everything
- brakes (im not sure what are quality ones and which arnt but i with a cheaper bike they have to of skimped on something to get it at that price or they like their big profit margin)

imo

A quality =
MSO
Pitster Pro
MotoVert

B quality =
dhz
pitpro
pimpit

C quality =
atomik
kdf

this is imo some people reckon atomik are ok some bikes have some good bits some are just to make a profit ive heard a bit of talk about the 'reagn... rain?' i dunno spelling but yeh basically the suspension is the thing suppliers will skimp on and to the 50 or 60kg rider this may not be a problem also depending on type of riding straight line/trail/fmx but overall build quality is also an issue and the little bits here and there do add up like $40 here $30 x 2 there like that could be the difference between wheels and brakes and also the difference between a B and C quality where the little things are payed attention to on the B quality or A quality that ya dont notice or cant notice until you have 2 side by side

all in all if your looking at a bike around 600 - 800 mark it'll most likly not have the best quality products and you can pick up MSOs entry level bike for $700 and they come with the quality basics assured frame, engine and half decent shocks, they stand by their bikes, their customer service is above and beyond that of your regular dealers (everyone wants to make a profit but there's a difference between caring about people and caring about profit) you will find out what i mean if you read around in the threads, and they give discounts to miniriders members, and also i cant see them shutting their doors anytime soon... there's so many more good points for mso they are continually upgrading bikes and their parts so you can easily upgrade with them etc etc

the decision is up to you but i hope i helped and pointed ya in the right direction -----> MSO :D

but up to you... each to their own
good luck

Last edited:
Atomik c quailty, you must be pulling yourself bit to hard, atomik might not be tip top quality but nowhere near shit quality and atomik have 20x better serivecers and parst then all of the above

something along these lines has been done before but anywho

imo they are quite average but some will say that all the bits come out of the same factory but then it comes down to which bits are used to save the dealer x amount

I cant believe how many people think that all parts are made in the same factory. That would have to be a big ass factory half the size of china. There are so many factories all producing what looks to be the same part or bike but each factory has different quality controls. Some factories are much more advanced than others in terms of technology and engineering which is reflected on there final product.

yes id say there would be ALOT of factorys but then build very similar parts and look about the same quality so people say they probly all come from the same factory but we all no they dont

My Reign is built by BSE The rs is built by BSE i dont know about the others though. And you will find that some MSO's will be BSE as well. Yes there are shit atomik bikes but not all of them are shit. In the end it comes down to the way you maintain your bike.

My Reign is built by BSE The rs is built by BSE i dont know about the others though. And you will find that some MSO's will be BSE as well. Yes there are shit atomik bikes but not all of them are shit. In the end it comes down to the way you maintain your bike.

Hey Pittin, The reason so many people believe bikes come from BSE is because alot of sellers don't mind advrtising that's where their bikes come from. Just so you know I can assure you that none of our bikes come from BSE. We don't deal with any suppliers in the south of China :)

Cheers, Ken

i recently bought a 150 reign from atomik and all i can say is what a hassle,
heres the quick story,
first it arrived without a invoice (is this even legal???) and it wasnt a reign it was a dmx 150 so the stickers and all the logos were different, not a big problem but you should get what you paid for not something that is "similar"
there was no fuel filter as described in the item description
while putting it together i noticed some really doggy things such as the front axle wobbling in the fork holes due to the holes being around 16-17mm instead of 15mm
most of the bolts were loose, now i know you have to tighten the bolts but the majority should be pretty right as some people just jump on the things and ride away not knowing
then the oil cooler starts pissing oil on the first ride down the street
and now the front master cylinder has decided to call it a day for some reason

so i contacted them about it and they put me through to the warranty claims department, so i had to go through all the bs of that, got a msg that they would return to me with something within 24hrs and now it has been a couple of days

not happy,

but i did get it for a steal so cant complain there, its just the lack of customer service, it really sucks

My experience with atomik has been similar to tubes.
I also bough a reign but a 140cc model.

The air filter was torn, carby was 26 instead of 30 and the complience plate is stamped 2007 when they advertised 2008.
To be honest, I'm not too fussed about it at all, just though I'd make a warranty claim on thier website to see what they would do.

The email they send you after making an online claim says that they'll get back to you within 24hrs. 48hrs later I decided to call them. The first 3 people I spoke to could only speak Engrishh, so I could only get so far. After a while I got put through to some service bloke in spare parts who was rude as a mother f&$ker. After hanging up on me one by mistake, I had to go though 2 more office people to get to someone that could help again. They asked me to email pics of the 3 things and since then I've heard nothing.

they got back to me, after the 24hrs, but they got back to me and said they will be sending parts but if they come ill be waiting i guess????

After posting in this thread I thought I'd send em a friendly email saying I'd leave them some undesirable ebay feedback and head into their offices one weekend to make a scene.

Wouldn't you know it, posted to my office this morning is a new 30mm carby and air filter. :D

I have had the same issues with the Atomik crowd.

Unlike a lot of ppl i went to the atomik shop on the eastern suburbs of melb and i had a look around there store, where house and IT department.

They are in the game for one thing . . the money. If you have a problem it gets forwared to one guy who runs around the workshop dealing with problems while another guy drives a forklift around the where house shipping one after another bike. In the meantime there are about 6-7 women and men sitting on computers on e-bay ALL DAY !!! I walked around for about an hour looking at all the different bikes and bits and pieces they had on offer.

Pretty interesting, (if you`ve been there you know what im talking about) how things operate.

Personally when i bought my 250 ProX i didnt have any major issues that these guys before me are talking about, cept a seedy looking fellow handed me my brake pads in the carpark. . no instructions. . no english. . just brake pads.

haha the brake pad guy.... I picked up my bike too and saw everything you've mentioned.
The ebay ladies, fork lift kid, and the brake pad guy. What an operation they have going on there. :eek:

You have all just confirm what I have been saying for so long ''Dont bother with Atomik''. If the personal customer service is below average then that says something about there company and what they think of there customers.

i and quite a few guys i know haven't had any dramas with atomik in the past, except that they didn't get back to me within 24hrs. the part did though!
imo for a sub $1000 bike they are fantastic, i've had no dramas with mine except the rear shock had rubber bushes which pretty much disintegrated after a while. no biggie.

i'm a fan

i have had bad probs with them they have said they have sent my parts for 4 months now i have rung them 8 times and sent faxes they say sorry we will send today or we will get back to you and they dont just tell bull crap i have a quad one year old now and have only used for 3 months as cant get the parts from them i would never buy anything from them again the worst customer service i have ever experienced they would be better of to shut their shop and not quote all parts available blah blah blah not happy

i have had bad probs with them they have said they have sent my parts for 4 months now i have rung them 8 times and sent faxes they say sorry we will send today or we will get back to you and they dont just tell bull crap i have a quad one year old now and have only used for 3 months as cant get the parts from them i would never buy anything from them again the worst customer service i have ever experienced they would be better of to shut their shop and not quote all parts available blah blah blah not happy

Try DHZ mate:
- DHZ Mini Moto - Home

Your not the only person to have trouble with Atomik. Rastus did. He got what he was after though:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/references/25614-do-not-buy-atomik-bikes.html
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/25588-atomik-damaged-transit.html

Welcome to miniriders. http://www.miniriders.com.au/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

hey luke which quad is it? I'm looking at buying one.....
You can get all the parts you need of ebay

The little fellas bike is going great guys. He has been giving it a good workout and so far all is well. I had to run over it again and make sure everything was all still tight.
Now the 12yr old girl want's a bike after riding this one so I am going to get her a TDR 90. But after what I went through I definitely would not want to go through it again. It's not worth the hassle. Oh btw I am back from hol's just incase you thought I forgot you all.
Rgds Rastus.

Latest posts

Back