Atomik motoX n00b questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streetvision

Reaction score
I will start out by saying, i know how annoying it is to have to answer the same question 100 times over, and i also know that this particular pit bike is not the best quality wise, and it's reliability is about as good as a cinder in snow.

I've been reading these forums and threads on what i can do to my bike ect, but because i've never owned one before there are a few questions that are on my mind and haven't been able to find answers searching the forums, so i will go ahead and make a idiot of myself.

Now, with the particular bike i'm getting i heard there is alot of problems with it's electric start, kick starting it, is not hard i know but i want my electric start to work I've read people replace the battery and that sometimes works, what kind of battery is it exactly? I guess if i play around enough i will eventually get it working.

Next question is spark plugs, i know this is not really a mod, but i would like to put a nice spark plug in bike, i just use the old cheepies in my car, but thats because my car is held together with duct tape. im guessing the best would some sort of ngk iridium, would anyone know the best possible spark plug i could get?

And finally, starting the bike for the first time, now im not sure if the bike comes with an instruction manual, or if it does, if it is even in English, is there any tips i should know about starting it the first time, and also running the bike in, i heard you need to run 3 tanks through, no hard revving and not going past 3'rd gear, is this correct? or am i mistaken?

i know that they're idiot questions but i don't really have any experience, i know my old man is a mechanic so i guess he could get me the spark plug and help solve technical issues, as he would have some idea as to whats going on.

Thanks guys
Todd

Hey Mate,

I actually own 2 of these things and yes both of the electric starts don't work.

I don't really care though and i've never tried to get it working so i guess i am no help there.

But where i can offer advice is i just rode mine normally to wear it in and there's this guy that has a theory that you should even give it short hard bursts on the throttle to seat the piston rings properly and it makes sense. Because i followed his advice and both my bikes are going strong after about 30 hours and 25 hours for each.

Ok at first id get rid of the electric start cause there's really no need for one on a 125cc.Then get a ngk spark plug as the stock one is shocking.Then yes run it through 3 tanks of petrol. I was just taking mine to a field for the first couple of weeks and just cruising along in 2nd & 3rd gear while not revving it out.

Cant speak for that particular bike but the general rule with running a bike in is dont baby it,if you are too easy on it,it will be pretty gutless after running in.Usually most sellers who aren't afraid of the quality of their product will say just ride it normally from the word go,but dont hammer it for a tank or two.I got my new pitpro 140xr and basicly warmed it up for a minute or two(same deal everytime i ride)then rode it as if i'd had it for months(not hammering but pretty hard).Shes got about 40hrs on the motor now and runs perfectly and goes real hard.
And use all gears otherwise 4th wont be run in!Forget this dont go out of third crap,mine was top gear pinned by about 1hr into its life,and it loved it (it told me so..lol)

Last edited:
Just run a normal NGK plug... you will have to mesure it ot take it in to the shop so they can match it (the china numbers won't matter to them)

Since you are a first time bike rider the way you ride is running in so would'nt worry about that... i have never ran a bike in like all these people say too most of it is a load of Sh!T

i agree i rode my bike faily hard but not valve bouncing or something ridiculus. I have a Orion Pro Siries and it is the same as a Atmoik motoX i have had my bike for over a year and still goes hard. The only thing i did was it started blowing a bit of smoke so changed the rings and was all good.

when i ran in my new dhz i didnt rev it out like all u guys said but i didnt flog it i ran through the gears changing when needed and ive had it for about 2 weeks and ive probly got about 5 hours into it and its goin fine but after running a tank threw it make sure u change the engine oil cause its shit house and need to be changed after run in time thats just from my exsperience and wat i was told to do with my by the ppl of this forum gl mate

when i ran in my new dhz i didnt rev it out like all u guys said but i didnt flog it i ran through the gears changing when needed and ive had it for about 2 weeks and ive probly got about 5 hours into it and its goin fine but after running a tank threw it make sure u change the engine oil cause its shit house and need to be changed after run in time thats just from my exsperience and wat i was told to do with my by the ppl of this forum gl mate

Yeah didnt actually mean i revved it out but sure didnt baby it either.And yeah good advice make sure you change oil after first tank and even every second or third tank for the first couple more changes

Latest posts

Back