atomik nitrous 150 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbrnz

EDC Entrepreneur
Reaction score
So just picked up an atomik nitrous for $700, has the new yx150 with daytona style cover. It goes very well, heaps of bottom end straight out the box. Was pretty impressed by build quality, maybe they've come a way from the older models as all nuts were of the nyloc type and were all tight, I double checked all of them. the only screws that HAD to be loctited were the two on the brake/clutch levers that adjusts how far back they go, they were vibrating loose within seconds.

Have taken it on quite a few trail runs now and gone over it each time, nothing wrong with the thing like I've been led to believe. Also hooked up a nice fog light with switch to the stator which comes standard with lighting coil.

Only problem I had which is my problem really, the front wheel has 2 spacers and a washer. When installing the wheel I put the washer on with nut which caused the forks to be slightly bend, binding the forks. I thought this was due to crap forks but after putting the washer on the inside with the smaller spacer, beautiful, fork travel is nice and smooth from top to bottom.

Did I mention torque? I have an 07 gsxr750 and I swear bottom end on this thing is almost as good :), will come up in second off power alone. (not really but you know what I mean..)

Will update with any problems but so far so good.

G'day, is the riding position on the Atomik more like a larger bike or is the frame still as small as a pitbike?

Regards,
Kym.

perhaps post minibike reviews in the minibike review section/forum/thread? ;)

i'm 180cm and it's pretty comfy for me, yeah sorry I kinda realised it was in wrong section after I posted it and it became a review, initially I just wanted to warn people about the washer thing which is why I posted it here. apologies..

oh and still so far so good, not 1 broken part.. yet. We'll see if it holds up but I really can't see many weak points on it.

all good mate, i posted in jest...
however, it is good to hear a review about a bike from someone who actually has one, rather than someone who heard something about a bike from a mates aunties sisters' brother's dad's son, and therefore it HAS to be $hit... lol :)

npz, I didn't take it too seriously anyway :) honestly, for me, if it breaks down totally tommorow I would have already got my moneys worth, the thing is mucho fun.
I think part of the reason china bikes break is because they're bought cheap and treated that way. If you treated them like you paid 10k for them somehow I think they'd fair a bit better.
On the other hand mines been bashed since day one :)
Main thing is maintenance, made sure to run it in properly, cleaned oil filter of crud twice during run in then after 2 tanks dumped the oil and put good quality motul in. Chain has stretched a bit but not excessively, just needed to make sure it was lubricated properly. Valve clearances were spot on but still, no reason to take chances there as it takes 15 minutes to do.
All in all, great value. Sure I like to spend money however I like to save where possible, most of these bikes come from the same supplier anyway, it's just when it lands here the more expensive models "MAY" be inspected. Why not do the inspection yourself after you pick up the bike and save some dough. If you're not mechanical enough to do something like that maybe pit bikes isn't your game..

yeah mate, i subscribe to the same theory in regards to maintenance and set up... with the exception of my 140, all of my chinas have been the cheapest, crappiest bikes i can find on ebay... yet they're all still running, all reliable, and all get ridden pretty hard...
so i always wonder how many of these bikes that have died quick deaths from the showroom, actually got set up and maintained properly...
thing is, if you buy an 11K jap mxer, of supposedly great quality, you still set it up and maintain it.. so naturally, one would think an $800 bike of far lesser quality, would need more setting up and more maintenance... ha ha

Latest posts

Back