Atomik Nitrous - Recreational Registration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WitherZ

Reaction score
Has anyone had or heard of anyone getting an Atomik Nitrous Rec Registered?

I have spent about $300 putting all the lights on, side mirror horn etc. although, I checked the VIN number on "http://www.checkitout.com.au/" and the VIN number on my Nitrous is 1 digit too long.

Hi mate, i have registered a couple of atomik's for myself and mates and i am setting up a nitrous at the moment, not sure about the number being too long but one of my mates was a number short and it was ok, as long as you got the 'import approval document' from atomik.

also where did you take the power from to run the lights? the atomik pro X models have a charge wire (yellow) coming from the magneto but the nitrous does not.

Thanks for the info.

Did you have to present Vicroads with the certificate of receipt aswell as the import approval document?

I am just running the power from a 12V battery, I have used a self tapping screw and a bolt to create a bracket underneath the right hand side of the plastics, to keep the battery hidden and secure.

Their are a couple of spare wires just below the handle bars which you may be able use to recharge the battery although I havent tested it with a Multimeter yet.

Ill take soe photos of the bike and post them tomorrow.

ah i see, what your doing wont pass if they have a good look, the battery must not be a total loss system, eg. it must be topped up by the bike, and those wires work as a kill switch, as soon as they hit earth the bike stops.

other than that, yes you need the receipt, write your own if you need to, and prey they dont look to hard, avoid vicroads broadmeadows, they are a$$holes...

Oh ok fair enough.

If I work out a way to recharge the battery using the bike I will let ya know.

Cheers for the info.

I am in the process of getting rec reg on my nitrous (with the help from BananaMan) There is no charge circuit from the mag so I have fitted a battery pack to my bike. I fitted it under the seat. I am using a lighting kit from BananaMan and it uses LED lights and it does not consume much power so the battery should be good for a decent amount of time. Will let you know how I go at the inspection. Just have to get my learners first.

Sweet yeah I reckon a battery will be fine.

One of my mates works at VIC roads in the registrations area and he thinks that the people that check the bikes dont really know what they are doing.

You dont actaully need your motor bike learners to get your bike rec registered as long as you have your drivers license.

Did your atomik come with an front sprocket cover? because my model didnt come with one and im struggling to find a cover.

Mine had the cover from new. Have you tried to get one from Atomik? I want to get my bike licence as I will be covered by TAC cover. I also don't want a $500 odd fine for not having one.

I rec regged a Atomik ProX250 2 years ago, i had a small prob with the vin number, so Vic Roads gave me a VR Number to stamp on the frame

Finally got a chance to go to VicRoads this morning to get me Atomik Nitrous Rec Registered. Had no issues what so ever. The VIN on the Nitrous was 18 digits long instead of the usual 17 and the guy said it was fine.

All I needed to give him was my receipt of purchase which had the VIN and Engine Number, it took him about 1 minute to inspect and I was away.

Cost me about $34 for the inspection and $112 for the plate and rego etc.

Congratulations. What VIC roads did you go to? Did they ask to see a number plate light? My inspection is booked for thursday. Will let you know how I go.

I would like to know what you had to do to get it passed. I am about to purchase a Nitrous and would like to get it rec reg too.

good job mate, im thinkin about gettin a pit pro rec reged but dont know what paper work i will need to take as i got none, so what paper work did you have to take down? and also if it aint to much trouble for ya would you be able to throw up some pics? more so of the brake switches and how things are mounted.

im in vic to

cheers

Last edited:
Add another Atomik Nitrous to the rec reg list. I had no issues at all. All they checked was VIN and engine number. $34 for booking fee and $99.30 for plates and stamp duty etc. Just need to work out where to fit number plate now. You need a mirror, front light, tail light, brake light and a horn. You need the import approval document from Atomik and a recipt with engine number and vin number listed on it to be rec reg ready.

sorry to bring back old news, but i have owned my atomik for awhile got it brand new, but i lost my import document when i moved house....do u know if i can contact sumone to get another copy??

You will have to talk to Atomik, they should still have all that info.

Latest posts

Back