Atomik Nitrous YX160 Upgrades?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redding

Reaction score
Sup guys,

Just looking to do some upgrades for my stock YX160, before you ask yes Ive read all the modification threads and I have done some searches for these questions but couldn't find any exact answers:

1. The bike currently has a "26mm MOLKT Carburetor", I've read around here that that is actually a decent Carby, But I'm not sure if its genuine (it is from ebay, prob made in China). Do you think it would be a good performance upgrade to get a OKO 26mm FlateSlide Race Carby Kit from DHZ when tuned correctly?

2. Exhaust - Looking to do an exhaust upgrade, probably a Big Bore Kit, but I'm not sure once again how much of an upgrade it will be from stock.. it comes with a "32mm Race Pipe + Alloy Muffler". I'm assuming a 32mm Big Bore Kit from DHZ would be a huge upgrade even tho its the same size (just better quality) or not??

Big Bore Alloy Performance Exhaust System 125cc 140cc CRF50 - DHZ Mini Moto

or

Pitsterpro Big Bore Exhaust System, Fits to GPX YX 150cc 160cc 155Z Engines - DHZ Mini Moto

?

My bike is basically stock, new tyres, rim locks and heavy duty tubes but that's about it. I would probably get a new chain, bi-folds, and other essentials before these upgrades as well. I'm mainly after performance overall. If I had to pick bottom or high end, id pick bottom end performance.

What are your guys suggestions? cheers for the help in advanced!

Specific details about my bike can be found here:

NEW ATOMIK NITROUS MID SIZE 160CC PIT MOTOR DIRT BIKE - eBay, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-Oct-10 20:15:08 AEDST)

http://www.atomik.com.au/dirt-bike/nitrous160m.html

p.s. is the "#420" on chains the only measurement you need to compare when buying a new chain?

Last edited:
post a pic of ur bike n oko carby will make a bit of a difference ;)

I'll try and take some pics on the weekend, but the exhaust and Carby looks exactly the same as the pictures on Ebay (just with a lot of dirt on them :p)

What dont you like about it?

The exhaust wont make alot of difference, the muffler might. Slight, maybe very minor power gain, prob much better sound.

The chains are also measured in links, but as most pit bike are small most chains will fit. if you go to a bike shop or DHZ they will sell you a good 1.

Before you start heading into the performance make sure you have the bike all set up and reliable... locktite nuts/bolts, valves oils ect......

OKO should make a bit of difference. I just installed a OKO 28mm on my bike yx150, but havent ridden it yet. Ill start a new thread when i have.

All depends on how much you want to be putting into a motor pal..
pipes & carbi do little your get some performance from them..

You could play around with gearing as well if you want top or bottom end..

Few things on there mayb, but then again come back to $$$$$
TB Parts - DHZ Mini Moto

Last edited:
cheers mate, may just get an OKO and leave the exhaust then, 150 bucks for a small upgrade doesn't seem worth it..

cheers mate, may just get an OKO and leave the exhaust then, 150 bucks for a small upgrade doesn't seem worth it..

When you get your oko make sure you get a chain also, you won't gain any performance but the cheap things that come on the bikes stretch constantly and you have to keep adjusting the tension. I get the gold DID ones from DHZ for my bikes.

When you get your oko make sure you get a chain also, you won't gain any performance but the cheap things that come on the bikes stretch constantly and you have to keep adjusting the tension. I get the gold DID ones from DHZ for my bikes.

:b_grind: Yes chain get new one.

Those things like like there been stolen off a broke homeboy. "fake gold chain" "BLING"

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but didn't want to start a new thread. I have a yx160 and I'm gonna buy a oko flat side carb, thinking of the 26mm because the 28mm has tuning problems, if I used the 26mm would it have the same performance gain as the 28?
The engine is stock it's the 09 pitster pro lx engine

Latest posts

Back