ATOMIK PRO X REVIEW (sort of)....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm no good at keeping a story short so this kind of drags on a fair bit....(all this riding was done with a fully broken in engine)

2 weeks ago I got a atomik pro X 140cc bike and now i have just returned from my grandparents farm and i thought a would say what i thought about the bike.
I have read countless threads stating that these 'china" bikes were either shit or good. I have now decided which of the two i think it really is.
'Drum role'
The bike is actually really good (for a Chinese bike, I'm sure it would not compete against a Honda, or yamaha)
I and my brothers and sometimes dad, rode it around the farm everyday.
the farm which is in north east Victoria in Eurobin, Is VERY hilly. After riding around for a few days I started getting bored of doing a circuit around some sheds and wanted to test what the bike could do.
I found the bike to have the power to get up stupidly steep hills in 2nd gear, and up even steeper hills in first gear. The farm we I was on is situated in a large valley, and around the valley are large wave like (undulating) hills. The bike would take me (55KG) up what ever i wanted to go up until i tried a fire break, because there was no grass, and it was after about 4 inches of rain, there was just not enough grip, so i got half way up the hill then the rear tire was just spinning and i started to go backwards, which was pretty scary.

I also tried 'bush bashing' up and down hills, which is very fun.
The bike did this very well even in the very slippery conditions.

Paddock bashing was fun but i could not go to fast as it was to slippery, so i did not get past 3rd gear there.

I took it out on the asphalt road by the house and got the bike to near top speed, but it was raining and was just to dangerous....well, maybe i'm just a wimp......

Jumps were no higher than 1 foot, and1-2 meters long, because there were no places to jump from, and no-one could be bothered to make one. the shocks never bottomed out, and always felt smooth.

OK, I cant be bothered rambling on anymore...

If there are any questions I am happy to answer them!

all in all, engine never never over heated, always started up well, had plenty of power, brakes worked well.

the bad stuff was that.....
front brake lever broke, from being made of crap quality metal, after two weeks of riding the chain needs replacing. it could now do with a 3rd oil change and a better quality fuel filter.

.......thats almost my life story...

It is pretty scary when you start slipping backwards on a hill ey! But it's even harder to take off again

I Agree i Have had my TDR 125 for a month and have ridden it almost every day and apart from a few minor problems such as brokin kick start, and leaking fuel tank i am quite pleased at how it goes, considering it is a (chinese bike)

Latest posts

Back