Atomik ProX 140 VS. Nitrous

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomatt

Reaction score
Hey,

First time poster, short time reader.

I never been on a motorbike before but went camping on the long weekend with some mates who let me have a go on theirs (Honda CR50 and Suzuki 4 stroke 250) and now want my own. Nothing too serious cos I'm sick of injuries so just something to boot around on when go camping.

Mates recommended a thumpstar type bike to get started so I been doing a bit of looking around to find out what they are and etc.

I cant decide between the current Atomic ProX 140cc and the Atomik Nitrous bikes. What is the pros and cons of each bike... considering im a 6ft, 90kg rider. Engines seem to be the same but look different in the photos. Different frames and forks too?

Not planning or doing jumps or racing or anything crazy.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

the nitrous has the better engine, but the prox has the better frame...

Is the suspension, both front and rear, much different between the two?

One thing I dont particularly want is the suspension to bottom out all the time which happened a bit on the Honda mini. Pulled up a bit sore the next day....

get the nitrous it wont bottom out.

Last edited:
Excuse me daniel, The Nitrous is actually a great bike and I own one myself ^^, They are shitecake on run in but are fantastic when they are eventually run in :D. Im satisfied

Nitrous For The Win!

Excuse me daniel, The Nitrous is actually a great bike and I own one myself ^^, They are shitecake on run in but are fantastic when they are eventually run in :D. Im satisfied

Nitrous For The Win!

Didn't you say that about your previous bike before it self destructed in a couple of weeks and you returned it to buy the nitrous?...lol jk
It's all a matter of personal preference, but I would go the ProX if your not going to be doing any hard core stuff on it.
It is a little bit bigger, not much, but a bit more comfortable on the legs if you plan to be sitting rather than standing most of the time.
Don't get me wrong it can handle jumps and some hard riding, but the Nitrous is more of a purists pitbike. 6', 90kg I know what i'd be doing.
But no doubt you will get a lot of other people telling you that I am wrong. This is just my opinion.

buy the Nitrous,

the Nitrous is a BSE bike, MUCH better quality than the AGB factory bikes.

I have a BSE and a AGB29 (pro X like you want to buy)
the BSE is 100% better quality.

You'll find the BSE actually has a better frame than the Pro X 140, even though the nitrous isn't twin spar, the Pro X bikes half the bolt holes have no thread, they are just a bolt threaded into the 2mm plate with no nut behind them. (strip out the frame super easily) the suspension on the Pro X is also pretty average, the fork is hopeless, and it's NON STANDARD size.. so it's also A joke to try and replace without messing with the Geo, the stock bars are junk. There is alot to spend with the Pro X straight up.

However.. even though the nitrous is a far superior bike in terms of strength and quality. as a trail bike the Pro X is nicer and easier to ride around on, it's happy to ride along steadily and is quite fun as long as your not pushing the limits. For riding all day on the trails the pro X will bring you home relaxed and happy where the nitrous will bring you home beaten with a stick. However on the other foot, if the days riding is at a moto X track, the pro X will thrash you to bits with it's hopeless suspension had over heavy front end, where the Nitrous will be fun and fast to thrash over the jumps and just generally be easier to ride on a track.

the Nitrous has a lot of standard parts, especially the suspension is all standard sizes, so they are very easy to replace. (bar maybe the headset bearings)

The nitrous also has the 138 Lifan, which is a smoother and easier engine to use out on the trail or on the track, although it isn't as punchy and exciting as the 140, overall its a much easier and less agressive engine to ride, for a day out on the track or trail you can come home a little more relaxed.

I'd suggest going with the Nitrous if you must buy a atomik.

Juls

lol sorry benox they wont bottom out the rs would yeh?

i have an atomik 125cc, but the 140cc nitros is a ripper, wish i had one

lol sorry benox they wont bottom out the rs would yeh?

The MSO X7R, which uses the same frame as the nitrous, but with different swingarm, and different forks, and a lifan 125 instead of a 138, is also around $200-300 more expensive...

So it would bloody want to be better.

Juls

a nitrous is like the same price as an X7R or maybe like a 100 bucks cheaper if you bid for it, at atomik they are like $1200 so they cost MORE.

I have a dhz 140 which is basically a Nitrous with a propper 140 not 138. They are sweet and around the same price. But i also have an atomik 140 which is nice to ride also. Basically i agree with what Juls said. Just different horses for different courses as they say. I was gonna sell the atomik but im just gonna keep them both now. Depends what i feel like riding on the day. :D

Pegleg, I said the RS was great until I destroyed it by going over curbs, buckling the wheels.. nothing much else happened except the back brake lever bent when i stacked and the Nitrous brake lever is bent again aswell..

Daniel, the X7R only has a better shock right? Nitrous has bigger engine by 2cc and an oil cooler, so suck on my left nut.

Went and had a look at the Atomik's today (which is why I looking at Atomik in the first place cos they a close).

Nitrous seems like a better bike even though it is a bit smaller. Could turn the handlebars on the ProX sfa - crashes into my knees. Nitrous has a higher handlebar with more room for knees. Major plus.

Nitrous sounded heaps better than ProX too and the new Nitrous have true 140cc Lifan engines. (They had both the old and new ones there)

Saw the new DHZ bikes in another thread. Pretty tasty. Still undecided whether to pay the extra for the DHZ or go local with the Nitrous....

Latest posts

Back