atomik rebuild/review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik boy

Reaction score
so i joined a while ago and had the same bike since the start so i thought I'd go through some mod's, reviews on parts of the bike, whats broken, whats hot, whats not, and what mod's i am thinking about...

so the bike started as a stock atomik moto x 125 ducar electric start: (can't find a pic of a full stock one so this is the best i can get my hands on at the moment)
P1010267.JPG

The Tyre, as you can see in the above picture wore out within a week so the first thing i changed on the bike was the tyre. The tyre that i chose was a Kenda Carlsbad since that was the only tyre the shop i went to had. after a while the front tyre would pop after every ride so i figured I'd get a new front tyre. The tyre i chose was a Michelin Starcross Mini MS2 which grips well whatever the terrain (until it is caked with mud with no room in between the knobbies) which gives me alot more confidence to push that little bit harder! The Carlsbad is the best tyre for the terrain at my track because it bites well on hard pack and on sand! I've never had to change tubes on either since i got them, until about a weak ago but that was user error for not pumping up the rear tyre! while i was at the shop i grabbed a set of red ProTaper tri-density grips. They live up to they're promise of less vibrations and reduced arm pump and fatigue! I also added a redline unifilter i nicked off a datsun 1600 engine we had laying around:
IMG_1705.JPG

the parts that have broken/ been replaced so far are:
1x Ducar engine (user error)
1x shock mount (jumped too much)
1x set of stock tyres
1x set of stock grips
1x stock chain
2x front sprockets (one stripped, one not high enough)
19x stitches in the leg :D

the ducar karked it after i forgot to put oil in it and then kicked the **** out of it!
it got so hot it welded the rings together! that was replaced by a lifan 125 which after the run in period both sounded and performed better than the ducar. the lifan is one of the most commonly used engines in its division and i can see why! the simple design earns a score of 9/10 from me so far

... i will continue when i get home, thanks
James

Latest posts

Back