Attaching a Camera to a moto helmet

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbows

Reaction score
Guys i don't actually have a video for you but i am here to ask a question that maybe some can provide some light on.

I am going riding this weekend with my dad on our road bikes and i thinking about attaching a video camera to my helmet and film the trip.

The only thing is i am not sure of how to safely secure it as i will be getting up to around 200 Kph i would imagine.

It's pretty slim and the lens is at the top so i could tape it on but i would have to go all the way around and use heaps of it.

Anyone have any suggestions.

gaffa tape son gaffa tape

oh and no u cant use my new jvc for this

HAHA yea that's what i thought i'll play around with taping it on tomorrow it should be good.

We're heading up this mountain near where i live it's about 11kms to the top and 10kms to the base from my place.

It takes us about 4 and half mins to get to the top... keep in mind there's 3 hair pins and the rest isn't much better it's about 800meters above sea level.

should be good fun and i am looking forward to see how it turns out on video.

zip ties work wonders

we use zip ties and some sort of foam rubber for a cushion.its an older motorcross helmet that we drilled 6 holes in.2 rows of 2 vertically and 1 row horizontally.obviously you'd need to take some measurements and possibly ruin a helmet in the process.the foam definetly helps in more than one way.it keeps the camera from sliding around.a wide angle lens works great also.i'll post a clip of me filming the helmetcam rider and he's not going slow.theres a few fast moving clips in the stunt demo i threw together..

YouTube - SpinFiftyProductions Freestyle Demo 07

On my friends bike we replaced the head-light with a camera, wasnt like a helmet cam but worked ok.

get a tank camera mount, or a wireless did cam connector thing. peter stevens has them.

Latest posts

Back