Back brakes not working?? (help plz)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crog

Reaction score
Hello
When i put on my brakes the piston in the caliper only comes out half way or not even that. It will not press against brake pad even when the brake pad is out. I have tried bleeding them and also replacing the fluid and also made shore that all bolts were done up tight. Plz help me :D
Cheers Craig

i find the problem i get most of the time at work is that the piston in the caliper gets a bit of rust or a small nic
it only needs to be the tinyest bit and it will not work
pop ur piston out with a compressor and hold it under running water while lightly sanding it
then get some rubber grease put some on the piston and slide it back in
bleed the brakes
and it should be good as gold

sounds like the piston is retracting back into the caliper instead of staying part way out after each depression. remove the master cylinder and check what is going on with fluid levels, maybe even try pump the pedal a couple of times with the master cylinder cap off and see if that makes any difference.

if the brake pads keep falling out I would leading towards that you have it assembled incorrectly

ok got the break pads sorted but no luck with the breaks it feels like i got no pressure when i push the break pedal down ?
thanks

try putting some fluid in them, if there is fluid in them i would say (if you have no external leaks) that your master cylinder is stuffed

Latest posts

Back