Back wheel not free spinning

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shroomin

Reaction score
I ve just taken my back wheel off to replace the chain tensioner bolts.

When i put the wheel back on it doesnt free spin anymore, if i try to spin the wheel freely while bike is on a crate it spins not even a 1/4 turn.

When i back the axle nuts off i can getthe wheel to spin nearly half a turn.

But then when i tighten em back up again its really tight to spin.

Ive taken the wheel off and back on about 5 times today and it does the same thing.

I also found it hard to get the axle back in but with a soft tap with a hammer it went in ok.

When the wheel is off the bike the axle slides straight through but when it goes through the brakes and swing arm it doesnt.

Hope this is enough info for you guys and hope you can help me out.

Im also not sure if it would damage the bearings riding like this or would it sort itself out after a bit of a ride.

cheers

edit: oh its a brand new bike first time ive had the wheel off

arghh i remember i had this problem , i think i took the back brakes off... coz they didnt work anyways , but also check , loosen the axle right off and see if you got enough spacers etc on the axle or else when you tighten the wheel it will pull the swingarm together. and also u mite of put the 2 spacers on the opisite sides , as i have done once as well lol.

hope this helps i no how anoying it gets undoing/redoing the same thing over and over!!!

ya may even have stuffed brgs but wat wogtaz ryder said about the spacers may be wats wrong

cheers guys problem sorted the spacers were around the wrong way lol. No more OP Rum while i work on my bike.

Bcoz the spacers where around the wrong way the inside brake pad was pushing on the disk a little stopping it from spinning.

knew it had to be something easy.

cheers,

Latest posts

Back