Backfiring etc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hustle

Reaction score
Hello.
Yesterday, i changed the oil in my engine, put new petrol tank on, washed carb with petrol (I know this was wronge). I stuck the carb back on before it was fully dry. I also messed with the air screw on the carb without knowing what it done.

Today i started it and it just made a backfire noise when i went over 1/2 on the throttle in watever gear its in.

Maybe the carbs flooded.

I checked the spark plug and its a little black.
ANyone know?

Oh. I took the carb apart and cleaned it out and put wd40 all in it.

Put it back together and tried starting the bike for 5 minutes but it wouldn't start. Then i realised i had not taken the exhaust bun out of the exhaust when i cleaned it so im lucky it didn't blow up lol.

Anyway took the exhaust bun out, started first time. Reved it full in my backgarden and it didn't backfire at all so hopefully its fixed.

I will try riding it up my street later but its raining at the moment.

the bung. now you will know how inportant it is for an engine to breath, atleast you know your exhaust system has no leaks. good luck.

i wanna drive it to my mates house and he lives 1.5 - 2 miles away.

Do you recon the police might moan if i get cought driving it on paidmant or shall i walk it?

hmmm sounds to me like the crankcase pressure is to high...see the smoke wen u tried to kick it over? oil from the crankcase probably... how much oil did u put into the sump?

The back firing could be the oil...being burnt ay..

I changed the oil 3 days ago. I stuck in 700ml when all that came out was 400ml.

Then i rode it 2 days ago when i noticed it was backfiring constantly. I took the dip stick out and i nearly put 1/4 - 1/2 to much oil in so i empted it out so it showed just under the line on the dip stick.

It still backfired constantly but it was better when i emptyed some of the oil out.
I cleaned out the carb and everything and strayed it with wd40 and started it up in my backgarden. I reved it full in neautral and it didn't backfire at all. It was a little smoky for about 10 seconds but it went POP and it just reved its heart out without backfiring.
All i need to do now it get it flat out in 4th to see if it still wants to backfire.

sik mate...u put to much oil in...dont do that again....me mate put a 700ml into his engine ontop of the stock oil...sounded like ur bike but worse and it backfired alot...Good to hear that my info helped you out...
Cheers!!

Latest posts

Back