Backfiring

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tas

Reaction score
hey is it normal for my 150cc atomik nitrous to Backfire? it dosent backfire when its idleling just when its rolling down a hill. my mate said its normal for a few backfires but it almost every 5 seconds. anyone know the answer to it or is it just normal?
Thcks

Is It back firing when you back off The throttle aswell? On my old pitpro 140 I had the same thing, re-adjusted the air/fuel screw and moved the e clip on the needle to the middle position, and cool gravy..
But, in saying that... Backfiring like that is generally caused by a vaccumme leak between the carby and the head so could be a torn gasket, loose manifold bolts or cracked manifold spacer or the likes.
Grab some wd40 , start the bike and let it warm up.. Let it idle and spray the wd around the manifold and see if it revs higher.. That will prove a leak.
Let us know how you go! :)

yeah ill give it ago tomorrow cheers

No problem, one other thing check the exhaust header bolts are tight and check there is a flange gasket between the pipe and the head, also make sure the gasket is sealing the head to the pipe.. Another cause of backfiring so I believe

that might be it becaue i noticed my exaust was loose the other day so i did it up but i havent taken it for a ride since ;)

Latest posts

Back