backflip

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbaron199

Reaction score
im really keen once i get my bike set up with better quality parts to try a flip. im just wondering has anyone tried and can someone give me tips on how to get a good rotation thanks aaron

hey mate, well u should try it on a bmx first into a foam pit, it will help learn them faster bcoz u will have the idea of it, and when u get them dialed on bmx try it on ur pittty
TIP:go up a real vert ramp and pull urself backawards and try and spot your landing with your head
they are really hard on bmx good luck gettin them on moto i can only get half way on a bmx

yeah i was planning to do it on a pushy first.. my mate has an absolute massive foam pit where ill have a go.. i better get them good on foot into a pool i think b4 i try bmx

thanks mate.. just to show you this is the pit i have to use the guy flipping is the first guy to flip a full size bike to dirt in tasmania and has just turned 17! hope the video works since its on myspace
MySpaceTV: SKOSK

thats a good as pit man i love the white ramp well done to ur mate on the flip

yeah its an aussie comp ramp.. he is out of it right now because he just broke his leg in two places over jumping one of those ard ramp to ramp set ups

i reckon it would be easier on a motorbike because just before u take off u can give it throttle and the would make u spin faster and also when ur almost completed the rotation u give it more throttle to straiten out.
on a push bike u cant do none of that.

yer ive spoken too a couple of guys bout flips.. they recon the best way too learn them is into a dam (or foam pit if your lucky enough too have access too one) on a bmx. then just give it ago on a mini.. they recon too flip a bmx is way harder then a mini.

yeah im not sure what to try it in first on a pushy dam or foam pit because i have access to both just wondering which will hurt more when i land on my head haha :rolleyes:

You have to be commited to it. A BMX is going to be substantially easier to start with for the sake of the fact that it is small and light, much lighter than your moto. The consequences are far reduced on BMX too. Dont think that you cant get smashed up in a foam pit though man. You can get hurt every bit as bad as dirt and or worse. If your not committed to it your going to get belted. You got to remember if your bailing, where the bike is going, you dont want to get slammed in the back or whatever by the bike. You have to keep looking around for your landing. When i had my foam pit cranking it seemed some people could just pick it up super easy and some people couldnt. It just seems like it comes natural to some people and not to others. The one thing i could never get quite right was spotting the landing and keeping on looking around. The most important thing like with anything though is commitment. If your heart isnt 100% into it, your going to get hurt.

You would have to commit on a pitbike otherwise like 10 things are gonna smash off lol

i sent tj russel a message on myspace asking him about flipping last night and he just replied then he basically told me the same as what some of you have.. heres what he had to say

TJrussel said:
'ya man the most important thing is to commit to the flip, you cant start it and then bail, you will sike your self out.. a flip starts on the middle of the ramp. heels down and let your weight fall back over the fender, right as your front wheel leaves the ground pull back and you have to use your head and look backwards and your body will follow plus when you spot your landing it is easier then to see the ground and if you have to bail or not..... good luck man'

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never have the balls to flip anything. Hell I'd shit myself flipping a pancake!

Latest posts

Back