Backyard riding

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troppo

Reaction score
Hey would it be possible to ride a mini moto in your backyard if you have enough room? You would obviously have to inquire with the local council. As the bike would make as much as noise as a whipper snipper or lawn mower I imagine as I don't have one yet!:rolleyes:

Another subject: There should be an organisation who organises trail rides on 50's through national parks! That would be cool....like single tracks!

unfortunatly in nsw you need rego and a licence to ride in national parks

i ride in my back yard all the time... but i guess ur talking bout hundred metres not acress

I forgot about that, I remember once me and my mate for four wheel driving through Menai, and two trail bikers came up to us and they were cops looking for unregistered bike riders. As some bike riders had come flying around corners and collided with vehicles and then taken off as they weren't registered. I though they were going to fine us, they hung around to watch me attempt a huge rock climb in my 4x4.

Anyway, yeah my block of land is 600sq metres including the house. The block is tiered at the back. Where abouts in Sydney are you? I work in Lilyfield in Sydney.

Cheers
Troppo

Yes ur allowed

Yes u can providing ur not doing it constantly its allowed...well in Qld it is. I have rung police to find out where legal spots are and spoke to em about it, it's more if ur neighbours complain about noise but if u get on with em good ur fine.

ye ive been riden in my backyard to its not big but its netter than nuffin the old ppls home behind me luv it heheh

your prob better off not askin the council. Just ride and if there's a complaint they'll tell you. I ride my Rm125 around the house after I've washed and havent had any probs yet.

I ride mine all the time, just practicing my mono's and donuts. the guy next door has one too, we havent had any complaints yet. Just don't be a dick and do it before 7am and you'll be fine.

might be worth getting a silencer for the exhaust. But definetly do not ask the council or police about in person because if you do then you get a complaint you have no excuse as to why you were doing it. i've done it down here is Tas and had the cops at my place, they said that legally it's my land and i can do what i want on it but if i am making too much noise and people start to complain i can get into trouble.

i have a lil bak yard "sigh" but my front yard is fair big "smile" but there is sum big gay ass blitz on at the moment so i dunno if i should risk it ohh and i got chased by cops the outher day so i dnt wanna piss em off lol (and we were comin outa thew bush and they were waiting for us we normaly push em home from there lol)

lol i occasionally ride round my street (live in suburbia it sucks) atr washing it, services etc just to check all is good, my next door neighbour rides so hes pretty cool with it and a guy up the road has one so generally stop by and say goodday, have a pretty small backyard but i have a local park one house up haha which is never greenkept or anything so we thrash around that sometimes but lately some old D**khead has been coming out talking shit and threatening us.... but he will soon come to his sences haha... but it seems the same in every street, theres always someone trying to stop people from having fun for little reason:(
Does anyone live around Perth nothern suburbs?? I have a good idea for a track out behind craigie leisure centre, i was talking to security there and they said they dont mind aslong as its after hours, no one round etc....
shoot as a pm if your in teh area and we can get building lol....

the jack in the box cant do shit
well in vic between 8am -8pm you can run an internal combustion engine as much as you like but after the the conplaints will roll hard
bloody do-gooders it funny how you guys say old people are the one;s to complain i find uni student the worst
they always complaining bloody carpet licker neighbours (woops )

Latest posts

Back