Baja Designs CRF50 stator in Piranha 140?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamboozle

Reaction score
What up!

I'm new posting but have lurked forevs. Got a project going on where I'm outfitting a CT90 postie with an electric start Piranha 140cc (same as YX140) and I'm looking to get as many watts from the stator as possible to run the LED headlight and LED driving lights. Going to take it on a long adventure ride through some remote places, and need a solid charging system.

I see that Baja Designs makes this stator for the CRF/XR 50s and 70s. I know there are some cross over between those and the chinese clones. Question is - will the stators swap? Would be sweet as hell to get 100w from that 140. Anybody tried this? Anybody even aware of that stator?

What up!

I'm new posting but have lurked forevs. Got a project going on where I'm outfitting a CT90 postie with an electric start Piranha 140cc (same as YX140) and I'm looking to get as many watts from the stator as possible to run the LED headlight and LED driving lights. Going to take it on a long adventure ride through some remote places, and need a solid charging system.

I see that Baja Designs makes this stator for the CRF/XR 50s and 70s. I know there are some cross over between those and the chinese clones. Question is - will the stators swap? Would be sweet as hell to get 100w from that 140. Anybody tried this? Anybody even aware of that stator?
As long as the yx140 stator supports lighting it will be fine. Id be more worried about having a very good quality battery and charging system as the stator powers the battery for the headlight on them as opposed to China quads where the stator supplies the lights power so they dim when I'd drops and bright when revs pick up.

If it ain't broke, break it.

Latest posts

Back