Bark Busters For Pit Bikes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchAustralia

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about getting some 'bark busters' for my pit bike.
Its a PitPro XR 140cc.
I have used the search tool and only came across one thread on the topic of bark busters.
I read through that and people didn't seem to elaborate enough for my liking so I figured this new thread might give me a lot more information and help others too :)
Do you need to buy specially designed bark busters for pitties or are they sort of 'universal'?
I want to hear your opinions and it would be great for people to come forward who do own some and fit their pit bikes well.
Thanks, Mitch.

I wanna buy some too, just looking for the best ones at an ok price.
they are pretty much universal but 7/8 bars are more narrow than usual big bike bars so the clamps might not go on the bars tight enough, also the bars ends might be too fat if you get the type that bolt onto the bar ends.
I'm looking at these but the shipping is a bit extreme and wouldn't be as tough as jap bike ones, I'm pretty sure they'd bolt right on tho Hand guards for pit bike, dirt bike, off road bibke,ATV:eBay Motors (item 150381330490 end time Oct-20-09 17:55:57 PDT)

So yea I'd like to hear personal experiences from people who have gotten jap ones onto 7/8 bars

yea man I got the same bars as you.
btw SE (7/8) is the bar diameter, so most china bikes run SE bars highrise or lowrise, protaper or generic, they're all SE.
unless using aftermarket bar clamps for big bike style bars or pitsters

i had a set of el cheapo italin ones...they seemed to work ok, and only had one mount... the ones with twin mounts can be a %#!! to attach...

usually they just say universal or the specific bike model.
If you want the wrap around type then these ones will fit because when you order you send them the internal diameter of the bars and they match it Hand guards for pit bike, dirt bike, off road bibke,ATV:eBay Motors (item 150381330490 end time Oct-20-09 17:55:57 PDT)
otherwise you'll have to take your bars to the shop and make sure the bars ends fit, or just measure the internal diameter of the bars

If you get the type that don't mount to end of the bars then they should fit fine and if the clamp is too big you can just add to it.

I just got these and fitted them:
Acerbis Uniko MX Hand Guards Pink YZ RM KTM KX CR - eBay, Other Accessories, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 15-Oct-09 17:35:31 AEDST)

not really the same, they just bolt on, don't go in the end of the bars. Just guards from like twigs and crap lol. They aren't really helpful to be totally honest i think I'm gonna break them first fall next week when I go camping.. but there pink so i was suckered lol.

I was looking at the same ones as you dvdrip... but yeah no pink haha. I like them and reckon there a good idea. I'll let you get them first dvdrip then once i hear your feed back buy them haha!!

I have seen them in a few shops, lots more pricey but yeah they just have sizing on them saying bar size they fit.

Lol there real. There cheap coz they aren't that protective... plus who wants hot pink but a girl?

yeh true pink MX gear would have a small market, You could just buy any and paint them I guess, would scratch pretty easy tho

yeah it a good and a bad thing for me. anything i want in pink i have to order in and wait for. But if shops do order it in... when it comes to sales time its always the stuff left over haha

ok homos, seems to be a bit of misinformation here.... first thing is to decide what sort of handguards you want... Brushguard type, or Barkbuster type, reinforced, or plain plastic ones...
7/8 bars are the same diameter run on most jap bikes, unless they are running protapers/fatbars etc...
China bike that come standard with "Barkbusters" have threaded bar ends, to accomodate the guard mounts... Jap bars come with hollow bar ends... if you drag your ass into a bike store, most of them will have universal handguards that will have mounting kits that will fit into your bar ends if they are not threaded... they consist of a locking bolt that "spreads" as you tighten it... pretty simple process really... two blocks on a bolt, cut at a 45 degree angle. tighten the bolt, the angles spread against each other, thus tightening in the bar ends...
Or, failing that, you have the choice of universal brushguard type handguards, which generally mount only to the brake or clutch perch... keep in mind full barkbuster type guards are NOT legal for racing, hence the reason for Flag-type guards being introduced... Motard requires full barkbuster type guards, but they are not legal for MA sanctioned MX events...
Either way, search "handguards" in egay, look for ones marked "universal", and chances are, if they fit any jap bikes, they will fit chinas, as they all run one of two bar diameters... skinny 7/8 bars, or fat bars... and most barguards will fit both...

ok homos, seems to be a bit of misinformation here.... first thing is to decide what sort of handguards you want... Brushguard type, or Barkbuster type, reinforced, or plain plastic ones...
7/8 bars are the same diameter run on most jap bikes, unless they are running protapers/fatbars etc...
China bike that come standard with "Barkbusters" have threaded bar ends, to accomodate the guard mounts... Jap bars come with hollow bar ends... if you drag your ass into a bike store, most of them will have universal handguards that will have mounting kits that will fit into your bar ends if they are not threaded... they consist of a locking bolt that "spreads" as you tighten it... pretty simple process really... two blocks on a bolt, cut at a 45 degree angle. tighten the bolt, the angles spread against each other, thus tightening in the bar ends...
Or, failing that, you have the choice of universal brushguard type handguards, which generally mount only to the brake or clutch perch... keep in mind full barkbuster type guards are NOT legal for racing, hence the reason for Flag-type guards being introduced... Motard requires full barkbuster type guards, but they are not legal for MA sanctioned MX events...
Either way, search "handguards" in egay, look for ones marked "universal", and chances are, if they fit any jap bikes, they will fit chinas, as they all run one of two bar diameters... skinny 7/8 bars, or fat bars... and most barguards will fit both...

It's all about if they fit the bars not what bike they go on as Thump said. The main thing to look out for is what sort of clamps you need for the bars as there are 5 different sizes (with ego barkbuster one of the more popular brands). It tells you on the pack when you purchase them.

Thanks for that info.
I will drop into peter stevens on the weekend or something :)
Im pretty sure on this but do the Pro Tapers have little plug things on the ends of the bars?
Didnt really pay attention down that end of the bar when I bought mine.

yep they've got little plastic plugs, you can just pop them off with a screwdriver

Latest posts

Back