Basicly no power when i take off in any gear.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennaz

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why my bike does take off quick when i floor the throttle. It just keeps reving off its tits and goes like 2 foot. I have replaced the carby today because the other one was fnucked. Any idea?

Is it actually reving properly? Clutch is slipping

Or is it running really rough and thats why your not moving fast?

but if it is just the clutch should b able 2 just adjust it on a lifan its under the lifan badge 2 flat head screws not sure which way it goes though im sure sum1 on here does

but if it is just the clutch should b able 2 just adjust it on a lifan its under the lifan badge 2 flat head screws not sure which way it goes though im sure sum1 on here does

I have a zongshen. Would it still be the same you think? Man i hope its that. Wouldnt like to know the price of a new gear box.

look at your pipe from the back take off the bolts and take off the end off the pipe there should be like a little filter in there i think its called a baffle and take it out put some fuel into a container and wash it in there and use a wire brush on it. then put it back into the bike tighten the bolts start her up and see if it goes good. a mate had this happen to his quad bike and we did this and after its went fast as. try this and get back to me .

cheers m0p

there should be an adjuster on the clutch cable, its a nut and thread with the cable running through it, usually just above the engine,

try adjusting that, take note how many turns you turn it, turn it say 1 full turn, than tighten and test the bike, if it gets better keep adjusting till its perfect,

you will need to twist it anticlockwise, you want the cable to be getting longer, (not shorter)

actually, being a china, not too much. coouldn't be more than a couple hundred. yeh it would be the clutch, well that's the first thing i would check atleast..
cheers

thanks man. I was actually playing around with it last w/e so maybe its come lose because i messed around with it. cheers. Ill let you know what happens.

look at your pipe from the back take off the bolts and take off the end off the pipe there should be like a little filter in there i think its called a baffle and take it out put some fuel into a container and wash it in there and use a wire brush on it. then put it back into the bike tighten the bolts start her up and see if it goes good. a mate had this happen to his quad bike and we did this and after its went fast as. try this and get back to me .

cheers m0p

Thanks man ill give it a go.

bike mauel, follow the clutch cable and take it of

Latest posts

Back