BATTERY VOLTAGE

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B

Reaction score
HI WOULD U KNOW THE VOLTAGE OF THE CHINESE BIKES BATTERIES. MY BATTERY IS FLAT AND I WANT TO CHARGE IT WITH THIS BATTERY CHARGER(IT SAYS ITS FOR CARS AND MOTORCYCLES). AND IT HAS A SWITH FOR 6 VOLT AND 12 VOLT AND IT CHARGES AT 8 AMPS. WOULD THIS CHARGER DESTROY THE BATTERY. AND WHAT VOLTAGE SHOULD I SWITCH IT TO 6 OR 12.

CHEERS DANIEL

HERES A PIC THET SHOWS MY BATTERY!!
DSC00418.jpg

Here is a copy of the PM i just sent you

usually the batteries that come with thses are rat shit, if you do manage to charge it it wont last long, i suggest you try to find a good quality battery if you really want electric start etc. Just look for a motorbike battery with the sime dimentions as yours, if ita a lead-acid battery then it needs to be mounted upright so keep this in mind.
Have a look around at battery world etc.

But to answer your question, you need to charge it on 12V
Cheers
Chris

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B, you PM'ed me i told you u wont be able to charge a sealed battery with a car/motorcycle charger u need a special trickle charger for sealed battery and the battery could read as high as 13.6 volts maybe higher? why dont u kick start the bike ride around for a day if the battery doesnt hold that charge either your battery is stuffed (unchargable) or your charging system isnt working if the bike is new return it

just use kick start the elctric start on most chinese bikes arent really that reliable and stuff all the time.

do u guys actually test these chinese starter motors or just have a stab in the dark? we havent had 1 problem yet :wink: i dont think i have heard of a bad starter only bad batterys u might be getting a bad battery/charging system mixed up with a bad starter

i have a lot of friends with pbs dirt bikes and choppers which all have the electrical problem so from them i sort of worked out that if they r all having the the same prob then i doubt its just a coincidence. :)

ps. im not talking bout the starter motor im talking about the batteries.

Latest posts

Back