Bel Ray 20/50w Oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RYNNO

Reaction score
g'dayy,
iv just bought myself a mso 140s and its gettin close 2 its first oil change, i went away for a week without it and me dads gone and picked up some BEL RAY THUMPER 20/50W 4stroke racing motor oil.
i was just wondering if this would be ok for the 140's first oil change?
if not whats the most recomended motor oil?
cheers!

Itll be just fine, everyone has different opinions on oil brands, but what you have will be just fine,

yea should work fine

maybe a lil thick but thats my opinion

i run 10/40 in mine reason i come to this conculsion is

i recon coz the motor spins fast i want a thiner oil to get every where

as thay run a slinger not a pump

but thats my 2 cent

yer, im just thinking tht it might be abite to thick for its first oil change,, its a brand new motor, and i no that they like nice thin motor oil, im just thinkin it may be a bit to thick,, ,, what do u guys rekon?
cheers

mate use it it will be fine

just nxt time go 10/40 synthetic but like pit said we all have our own opinions on oil

but use that digga she'll be fine

The oil i use is motul 1000 20/50 and i just bought my 140s and changed the oil.

tell ya dad to run that through his car and get 10w/40. Besides excessive oil drag the clutch will not like it.

The oil i use is motul 1000 20/50 and i just bought my 140s and changed the oil.

yer juiceboy, i went pit bike shop, they tell me if anything the oil im using is better then the motul 1000, its the same oil but its more pure, it just have bits of synthetic into it and if anything that will be better for the bike!
linda recomends the motul 1000, so i figerd if its the same thickness and heat but better for the bike and more pure,,, why not, but next tym i will be putting 10/40 in it because the engin if still new..

cheers for the help guys,
take care,
Ryan

im running shell advance SX 4 15W50 but i will probobly change to 10W40, only thing is i went looking for 10W40 and i couldnt find any brands that have it! can ne1 recomend a brand????

yeah i just brought some oil and the moto shop gave me a 10/40 because its got an oil cooler aswell so it doesnt need to be to thick

yeah go to honda they have a genuine honda oil 10/40 four liters for 25 bucks

imo
the bellray is top notch it's really good on startup and runs heeps better than any other oil on the clutch side of things but it thin's alot quicker than some oils because of it's original consistancy but the wont be an issue
the only oil that compare's is shell sx4 i've used it in all my bikes and have never had a problem
from what i've herd the motol stuff is not bad either but i've never used it so .....

Yeh i got shell oil, havn't put it in the bike yet as i've only ridden it for like under 2hr total, going to track on sunday and will change it then.
Cheers.

super cheap is shit.. i work their lol, ill have a look 4 this oil,, get discount lol,
cheers mate!

I think that the oil you use in these engines neither here nor there, but if you are running an oil cooler, it would be advisable to run a lighter viscosity oil.
For the record the "w" in 10w40 stands for winter not weight.
As all oils have modifiers in them to keep them some what stable under extreme changes of temperature, all oils will be of the same standard to begin with, it is just that the more expensive oil have better or more modifiers in them to keep them stable for longer.
20w50 may be a little to viscous in winter and when "running in" a bike as it is designed to stick to internal components so may hold some of the initial wear metals in the casing of a new engine.
So having said that, I would suggest using a less viscous oil such as a 10w40 at initial "run in".
I would recommend FUCHS silkolene 10w40 as Fuchs use a much higher quality of modifiers in there oils, even more than Motul...

castrol magnatec fully synthetic modern engine oil is 10/40w!
lol
id probs start using that after a few tanks have gone tho!!

These engines are designed for and rely on 40 weight oil for all systems to operate correctly. A detailed explanation why would take an hour to write..

Latest posts

Back