Bent gear shift shaft on lifan 110

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRKEV

Reaction score
G'Day,

Any help with my problem would be greatly appreciated.

I have a pitpro style 110 and after a big ride in some bushland in the brisbane area. I noticed that I must have hit a rock or tree root and my shift shaft (not lever) has been bent back about 20 deg. Its not too bad at the moment but I am worried that it might leave the lever hanging out there for some more hits.

Its quite solid and hard to bend back so I am worried if I try to do that it might hurt the gearbox internals.

I am wondering if this shaft is removable without having to pull down the bottom end (like is the a circlip that holds it in?). That way I can remove it and straighten it safely off bike.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure to get those out you have to split the engine.... I'll check on a old engine i have lieing in rubbish pile at my house, it still has the Gear lever sharft in & all the other parts aree gone so i would say it needs spilting

once it's bent it will never be stright again, you can get it close but never straight,

I would say buy the whole Gear Sharft assembly form some1 that imorts Lifan 110cc engines.

Thanks for th advice mate. I think ill run it until it starts leaking oil out the seal then ill maybe try and bend it straighter. if it gets hurt ill look for 125cc donk.

I would suggest maybe heating it up and trying to bend it back? :D

If you are not removing the side case to straighten the gear shaft.Dont use the oxy it will damage the seal etc.go to your local steel supply shop and find a piece of 3mm Thick steel tubing about 1 foot long that is a fairly snug fit over the gear shaft and bend the shaft back to the right position that way.Be advised this is not the ideal way to carry out this repair.We would remove the shaft from the engine cases if possible first.You dont want to cause even more damage trying to cut corners..
Cheers Brian

Go to your local steel supply shop and find a piece of 3mm Thick steel tubing about 1 foot long that is a fairly snug fit over the gear shaft and bend the shaft back to the right position that way.

Yes, this + oxy fixed my bent handlebars. :D

Yeah thanks guys.

Ill use a pipe for leverage and apply a touch of heat. Probably not oxy heat. maybe just a bit from the gas torch.

must of been some serious bush riding to bend it that good!

i put a hole through my engine case on CRF50 out night riding Around the Mundaring Weir, but the rocks were massive & hard to see.

I almost put a hole in my skull when I was out night riding.

Hit a rock 4th gear pinned, I was only concussed though.

Nope, no lights, nothing. Was completly dark.

Last saturday night me and friend went night riding on the road aswell, that was fun, almost got run over, cops drove past, all good fun. :D

Don't use heat you'll ruin the seal. These shafts bend easy because they hang so far out from the engine. I would do as mentioned above, fit a good length of pipe over the lever and straighten her out. But before you rip into it some careful attention will be needed. Take note exactly where it has bent. Close to the seal or a bit further along? Placement of the pipe along the shaft will determine success. Also you should support the shaft in the opposite direction to the force while bending by having the support right where the bend starts. Perform this carefully and it will straighten without a hitch. These shafts are not very tensile. Post up some closeup pics if you want more specific help.

Nope, no lights, nothing. Was completly dark.

Last saturday night me and friend went night riding on the road aswell, that was fun, almost got run over, cops drove past, all good fun. :D

isnt that fun pissing off the pigs ha ha ha ye night rides are also fun :)
also ba ck on the topic try and take the shaft out because the same thing happened to me and i made a fatal mistake for myengine by trying to bend it back with a hammer and fuked up the gear shafts (bent them) this meant i had no gear collection only neutral so take the shaft out and put in a vice then bend it back ie(oxy+hammer)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back