Best bike to tard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam those look sweet as he'll. How much work is involved in getting one set up to their kind of level??

Dam those look sweet as he'll. How much work is involved in getting one set up to their kind of level??

You would be looking at about $4k for #52 but that bike would win you a Nationals too if ridden correctly.

$1800 for the bike
I think don't quote though
$450 front end
$300 shock
$650 head
$100 rotor kit
$200 rims
$260 tyres

Plus a few bits n pieces to get it through scruteneering.

plus the brembo's and bigger master cylinder.

that rotor kit on number 16 (you can see the blue box on the frame below his hand) is $1000

id by a ready made bike second hand for $1500 or so

Are their any cheap yet decent already made ones? Or anyone know of anyone off loading 1??

Yeah, Tristan's bike has had about 8-9k spent on it.
Its not neccessary if your starting out.
If you budget around $3k for a new bike or as grnman said about $1500 to 2k for a awesome secondhand bike, something like a klx frame and 155z or yx160 in it, you wil be flying round the track and can build on that base pretty easy.
Thats what I did, I bought a bike for $1700 with the best of everything on it and will work from there. Just needs an upgraded engine rather than and upgraded eveything.
But if you just want to give it a go and see what its like, just get a set of cheep tyres or ask to borrow some and just use any old bike, just as long as your having fun!!!

Fun, that's what it's all about. I might get the tard rims first and see how they go on my fully sick atomik and if I like it might upgrade bikes down the track. Unless I find a cheap second hand one. Is there a for sale page anywhere??

Thanks for the link. I knew better and should have bothered looking for it myself :)

Thanks for the input mate,
it's great the level of knowledge that comes from forums
cheers

Latest posts

Back