best carby for a yx150??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainey

Reaction score
im after getting an after market carby for my 150......its getting a bit of work done tyo it at the moment

new gearbox
yx160 crank which will bring it from 150 to 160cc??/ apparently??
replaced all the cheapy bearings inside th motor
new big bore exhaust

and now its time to get a descent jap carby........any tips and advice on what works best on a yx150???

Choose your own damn carby... Lol nah... There's just so much choice you are gonna get so many different answers lol... But basically:

I'd just take a guess you will most likely need a carby between 24mm and 30mm. I just guessed some sizes but principal is still the same.

Small Carby (24mm round or 26 Oval)=Best off the line, Best torque, good midrange, Lacks top end.
Medium Carby (28mm Oval or 26mm Round)=Good All round, Good Torque, Strong midrange, Good Top
Large Carby (30mm Oval or 28mm Round)=Poor off the line (Flatspots/Bog), Good Midrange, Awesome top and really revs out high.

Thats just for the sizes... Then there is flatslide, D-Slide and round slide but i don't know much about that. From what i have read the flatslide is the best followed by the D-slide then to round slide. After that there's quite a few brands like Mikuni, Keihin, OKO, Molkt, etc...

running a flat side oko on my 150 26mm

ported to head and carb

runs in a z50 ,pulls hard all the way on the road ,i can go to fast on 8 inch rims tho so 90 kms is enuff for now

no flat spots or nuthing but drinks a bit

i was running a molkt carby on mine (28mm one) and it was great! but i did have the 165cc BB kit and a ported head...

Latest posts

Back