Best Chain Lube!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittin

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just thought i share somthing that i found out during desparate times. I was in need of some chain lube and all i had was old engine oil, And it works the grouse. Im nover EVER buying chain lube again this shit works better

Anyway thats it lol
:)

mmm..... i def wont be changing over to engine oil LOL

chain lube is designed to stay dry and not attract dirt etc, engine oil has no binding additives in it like chain lube does, so its just gonna get flung off and make a mess,

proper lube is only $10 can max, and lasts ages dont be tight hahahahaha

Ha ha good point

Ive only done this recently and it worked fine but i know what you mean i just went and had a look at my bike lol, Oil alllll over it and dirt alllll over the chain lol

Ill have to get some Degreaser onto it =P

i got dirt all over mi chain afta putin chain lube on ..do ya hafta wait a certain time after applying b4 u ride??

Did you get motorcross? me mate bourt the wrong one once and it was sticky lol, for road bikes, So everyhting got stuck to it

on my new chains box it says to lube your cahin with motor oil..so i dunno lols:confused:

Yeh i used oil once and after riding my back was covered in black spots from the oil.

its a bit dark now and cant b botherd turnin power 4 ma shed on to look but my local shop doesnt sell much road stuff

i use the spray chain lube it was $30 i cant remember the name of it an cbf going to the shead to look
it says to apply to a worm chain
i have had no problems with stuff sticking to it only dirt dust but that gets all over the bike
an when i was it the dust comes off the chain

dont spend lots of money on chain lube if you have a bike that is worth nearly as much as it

You can use engine oil but chain lube is made especially for the job, and yes you're supposed to let it dry.

ive found Bel-ray super clean chain lube to work the best apply to a warm chain allow to dry it will coat your chain with a white wax that does`nt attract sand dirt or grit and stays on your chain doesnt fly off...:D

Attachments

• Chain lube.jpg
    Chain lube.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 17
I was in Kmart the other day in the lawn secton and they had a 500ml bottle of Valvoline chain & cutter bar lube there for $5.30. Work heaps better than all the expensive spray on lubes ive used over the years.

Also the way to go is lube the chain when its hot after a ride. put your bike on a milk crate and apply then give the back wheel a few turns to spread it. If you apply lube to a cold chain before a ride it will just spread everywhere.

F*** pitmaster, not supposted 2 pick up shit, all mi chain lube hav done is pick upshit, that is the ONLY thing, and now i can't get it off the chain!!! i won't spend and get new chain to, the bike isn't even worth the price of a new chain, lol

ive found Bel-ray super clean chain lube to work the best apply to a warm chain allow to dry it will coat your chain with a white wax that does`nt attract sand dirt or grit and stays on your chain doesnt fly off...:D

sounds good, whats it cost?

well bein Bellray.. id imagine its $15-$20 upwards

Latest posts

Back