best low budget pit bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISL33P

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this minibike craze. My brother and I are looking for some pit bikes to thrash at my oldies farm during some time down there around xmas.

We both race motorsport, him motorcross and me gokarts and we want to buy exactly the same bike to have some good even fun.

There will be no jumps and trial riding...and maybe start teaching my 3.5 year old son :thumbup:

Budget is around $500 each give or take, most porbably more give then take ;)
They will be stored at the farm and used maybe 4-5 times a year.
We weigh between 75-85kgs.

Any tips or hints would be great....apart from save more money :blah::blah::blah:

Cheers,
Ariel

Atomik Nitrous 140s would be the best bet dude, you can get them off eBay just over 500 posted...

160 is the most powerful, but the 140 will be perfect for what you're looking for.

hey, I cant say no to extra hp. Sorry to sound like a PITA, but just wondering why you would recommend the 140 instead? Just price? or is there more?

Yeah, you said you only want to spend 500.. The 160's go for around 750 or something..

welcome to the site mate

In reply to your post I'd say that seeing ya both racers I'd say the 160 ofcourse ... they are entry level bikes but you'll have fun bangin bars on em .... you both sound like you have a bit of mechanical apptitude and thats the main thing, these little buggers need to be set up right and maintained properly ...but as long as you do they run for ages ... there's all the info you need on this in the tutorial section so make sure you have a look.

I will do...thanks for that.

Time for me to grab my tig welder and start thinking of something to modify ;)

The true pit bike is smaller and more powerful than ever before and the speed that they can reach is phenomenal for their size.

Latest posts

Back