Best motor for Posty transplant? Lookin at Lifan 140 so far

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mate, Welcome to MR.

The engine you linked up personly, i think would be a little overkill...fun maybe, but is def more than you need for a postie.

Any of the motors (125 to 140 even 160) from DHZ would be a worthy upgrade.

Also, from what ive heard, the 175 is more around the 16-17hp not 20 as advertised.

There are a few postie build floating around at the moment, might pay to take a look and see what other members are running, and make a decision from there.

Good luck!

I would go the gpx 125

11:1 compression ratio
19hp
13,000 rpm out of the box
someones got it at 99 k mph on this site depending on sprocket sizes... and gearing
and i have one and can say they are powerful as hell and really do keep up well with the 160's
ive even passed a few on them
but at the end of the day it's your choice
but yeah a gpx 160 would be mad to
but i don't see the point in a 160 when you can get the same or even more power and speed out of a gpx 125 for cheaper
But i could be wrong
because me and my mate both recon they put out the same cause he also has a gpx 125 and he has a lxr with a 160 and he said he couldn't notice the difference

And welcome to MiniRiders enjoy your stay

Last edited:
those claims of the gpx 125 seem very high 19hp? i would take a punt and say a stock gpx 125 would put out no way more than 13hp. i replaced a gpx 125 with a lifan 140 and noticed alot more torque but felt very similar in horsepower, as soon as i installed the 175cc oh my god its got well over the torque and horsepower of both and from what i have heard the 175 doesn't go that much harder than the 160.

Cheers boys yeh I wanna throw a Lifan 140cc oil cooled in it but how do Lifan 125's go?

Yeh i know they're not oil cooled just wonderin how they go

My dad and I have two postie bikes
they are both running YX140cc that we bout off ebay.
I would be going a yx 140 dont go a lifan 140. I had a lifan previous and had no where near as much go and sheared kick start gears in 1 week.

The yx 140's of our are cammed and they are clammed 16hp

Latest posts

Back