Best oil for 250cc thumstar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splinter

Reaction score
What are the best oils to run in a 250c atomik thumstar , I have been using castrol activ 4t , but in the atomik website it said use a Non Synthetic 10W/40SF 4 Stroke Engine Oil, just wondering what oil others use?

To run it in use mineral oil. Mieral 10W/40. Then after the first oil change dump some Semi synthetic in there. Then on to a full synthetic. I'd go with either Motorex or Mobile oils , I don't think motul lives up to its standard anymore from my experience

is the castrol stuff not so good for these engines? I will emty out and get some mobil oil , or possible motorex if i can come across some,
Cheers

What semi synthetic oils are good to use for a 4 stroke

maxima is what i find the best but quiet expensive for semi synthetic i pay $60 for 4 ltrs and i think its about $80 for full synthetic but you get a few changes outa it

Maxima oil , I will have a look out for this stuf , yeah i have basically run the engine in , and I have been using castrol activ 4t, but I am looking for something that will run a bit better ,
Thanks mate

I normally use 10W/40 in my mini , but have used motul 20w/50 the last few changes. The 20W/50 is less prone to cooking especially now my bike is minus an oil cooler. I've had no problems with my clutch slipping at all and it shifts and runs no worries with 20W/40. No reliability issues at all , its doing a great job. So far ive tested out Motul , silkolene , Mobile , motorex , belray and yamalube oils so far all 10W/40 (besides the mineral oil used on run in) in both my grey lifan 124's and 140's. The 20W/50 so far goes the longest without cooking and does the job on par with the 10W/40. I didnt rate silkloene , cooked the oil in 2 rides. Had a bit of clutch slipping too even when it was warm
Preety keen to try some Torco oil next , all the factory mini teams seem to be running that...

Latest posts

Back