Best Oil for mini's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisshaz

Reaction score
Just getting ready to complete oil chage on outlaw 160r. Was told by DHZ to use mineral based oil only as synthetic will destroy the clutch plates. Was going to run mobil one bike oil. Is anyone else running sythetic.

DHZ were right, Mineral oil is what you should run.

Activ 4T seems to be the most commonly run oil, available in 1 or 4L and available almost anywhere.

I Run Belray Thumper synthetic, but I have different clutch plates.
For stock engines and clutches stick with the Castrol Activ 4t or any other similar mineral based oil of the same grade.

Would Motul mineral be better quality than the castrol. I want the motor to last thats why i was hoping to run synthetic

IF you put the kevlar plates from tbolt in the engine, you can run synthetic oil. Plates cost about $50 usd + delivery.
It all depends on which brand you would rather buy as there really isn't much of a difference, but as Minifight suggested, the castrol is widely used with good results and performance.

Might look at motul 5100. I run that in my KLX 250 its only semi synthetic havent had any problems

Just getting ready to complete oil chage on outlaw 160r. Was told by DHZ to use mineral based oil only as synthetic will destroy the clutch plates. Was going to run mobil one bike oil. Is anyone else running sythetic.

Would Motul mineral be better quality than the castrol. I want the motor to last thats why i was hoping to run synthetic

Might look at motul 5100. I run that in my KLX 250 its only semi synthetic havent had any problems

Dhz sold you the bike and told you to only use mineral based oil and everyone else has told you the same thing so why are you set on using a synthetic or semi synthetic?

Your KLX is a totally different motor all together so don't worry about what oil you use in that. These Chinese motors arnt fussy about oil as long as its mineral based. Any cheap 20/50 mineral based oil will do the job well or go for the Activ 4T as the guys already suggested.

If you use a synthetic oil and start having problems in the first few weeks then don't come back saying how sh1t Chinese bikes are or go whinging to DHZ about it because it wont be their fault you didn't listen to them so any warranty is void.

Latest posts

Back