best race exhaust?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanic-man

Reaction score
just wondering what is the best race pipe?
i'm gunna be doing 90% of track riding, so it has to be fairly quiet (so yoshi is out of the question) but wont something thats gunna give me some more power.
so im throwing up between Pro Circuit and FMF. but not sure what model. can anyone help out?

cheers, Ben.

yeah i would like to know the same i been looking at a FMF at my local shop since i cant be stuffed ordering online. what are good pipes and prices, need it for motovert outlaw.

just wondering what is the best race pipe?
i'm gunna be doing 90% of track riding, so it has to be fairly quiet (so yoshi is out of the question) but wont something thats gunna give me some more power.
so im throwing up between Pro Circuit and FMF. but not sure what model. can anyone help out?

cheers, Ben.

Ben,

You may still be able to put a yoshi on yet. There are ways of quietening down a bike that is slightly to loud.

Most roadbike cans are way over the limit (but who cares, loud pipes save lives) so they come with a "dB killer". All it is is a length of the perferated exhaust tube that slips into the end of the muffler and bolts onto the muffler tip. The perferated tube breaks up the exhaust wave pulses causing them to reduce in size and hence making them quieter.

Unfortunately, by doing this you will loose some of your gains by putting a better pipe on it coz once again, your constricting the flow. Perhaps you might be better with an FMF or similar if you know that they are going to be within the MA requirements. But, if you were deadset on putting a yoshi on there, there is a way of getting around it ;)

Hope this helps you out a bit

Cheers

Matty

i seen a pro curcit mufler for $230 or so and a FMF one for $399 which one would be better? or anythign else i could ask bike shop to order in.

Latest posts

Back