Best size wheel& tyres

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-TOWN_MINI-MULISHA

Reaction score
Hi everyone
just wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages or changing to a 10 inch wheel front and back ???
i was thinking of going 10's on my mso (IM INTO THAT TRUE THUMPSTAR LOOK)
Plus i was told it is easier to wheeelie with smaller rims

ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED !!!!

I don't like the look of the 10" 10". But im interested in going from 12" 14" to 10" 12" on my DHZ. Yeh they wheelie pretty easy with a 10" rear.

i was thinking of going 10/10 but im not sure if it will lower the top speed or acceleration ect?

correct me if i'm wrong but won't going to smaller wheels make the bike more unstable?

also i think that the easier to wheelie would be due to less rotating mass and possible a smaller rolling circumference so this would affect the top speed if that was the case.

personally I wouldn't bother as I think the bike would be more unstable which would result in it being more twitchy to ride

yeah thats what i was thinking, u would loose top speed and it wouldnt be very good for trial riding

10" rear will lower top speed but increase acceleration (therefore easyer wheelstands). i run 10/10 on my Z50 (2.75 tyres) and 6.5" on my pocket rocket and dont have stability issuses

hey custom how do the 10" wheels go on a choppy trail ride?
Last time I took mine for a good ride I went along alot of choppy trail rides and the guys I was riding with commented on how much my bike seemed find ruts ect to pull me off coarse so easily. (they were on big bikes and just cruising straight along while I was all over the place) I know this would be a combination of short wheelbase and smaller wheels but I would still imagine that a 14/12 combo would be much better for riding that kind of terrain then a 10/10 combo

True thumpstars had 10/10, we got 70s whent they first came out.

I bought the 110 pitpro purely cos i hate the look of 12/14 tyres, 10/10 soon to be changing to 10/12, cos 12 front looks tuff!

Latest posts

Back