Best sprocket set for top end speed on 125 road potty

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamotogpx125

Reaction score
Hi am fairly new to the pit bike scene but have got a Yamoto explorer 125 road reg found out quickly they aren't the greatest but have been quickly modding it up got gpx 125 new pro circuit copy exhaust and was looking into gearing it up and was wondering what the best sprocket combo for top end speed would be and what length chain id need any other advice would also be greatly appreciated thanks guys :)

By memory I've got 16 37. My engine is a 160 though. Didn't need to change the stock chain. Top speed about 120.

With a 125 you may have to trial a couple different sizes. With a 16 37 combo your engine may not rev out our even get to its top speed

my Motovert RX has a lifan 150 engine swap and has 16/37..... was 16/36 but i dont need all the top speed so dumped top end for bottom end

Hey have currently got 16/36 not sure what chain pitch is was going to get new chain with the sprockets if that helps though had 14/36 with the old engine and top was around 80 this engine and exhaust should be a bit better but deff want to be able to hit 100/120 when or if nessesary :) cheers lads it's all helping

you currently have a decent sprocket setup. Work on your engine now for more speed.... What brand and size carburetor do you have mate

hey cheers dude had to drop down to 14 tooth front cause of the rear sprocket pitch being diff to the front and 14 was all i could get at the time with same pitch but currently running a 26mm mikuni was thinking of going up to the oko flatside and putting 12inch rims on her is the wheel swap from 10 to 12 very complex?

Hey mate honestly I think you are being unrealistic when you say you goin to get your engine to 120kph , ... My bike has a 150cc with a OKO 26MM and perfect gearing ... I have backed of my throttle at 110 kph with my engine in 4th gear still not at maximum revs due to being a wuss lol , upgrade to a yx160 or one one of the new bigger cc Daytona or takegawa if you want high speed thrills and neck jerking acceraration.. here is a link to some rims for your bike that are on sale Alloy 12" Rear Motard Rim, 2.50 Wide. Alloy 12" Front Motard Rim, 2.15 Wide

Latest posts

Back