Best Stock 140cc engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lifan gearboxes

We have wrecked 2 gearboxes in our Lifan 140cc
I have to buy another engine
Just looking for opinions
Thanks

i have a zongshen 140 goes good never any trouble with any thing but was told to be carefull not to smash the gears into hard otherwize nothing bad to say

i have a zongshen 140 goes good never any trouble with any thing but was told to be carefull not to smash the gears into hard otherwize nothing bad to say

I would reccommend a YX140 as well. If you can get one with the kick starter gears upgraded (in saying that I have had no problems with my stocker). Good motors and if looked after can last a while. Personally though I would go the 150/160. A lot more modability available.

i have a YX140, im not 100% sure what it was , but from what i understand is the oil slinger shit itself... doing a wee bit of damage (new clutch, slinger, clutch case, crank...)

it shal be finished reasonably soon with some new stuff so im just itching for the parts to get here haha

yx140 is WAY tougher than the lifan 140 in my experience.... having both pulled down in front of me the yx was obviously the stronger motor and the lifan 140's are know to shit kickstart gears and gearboxes

My mate had his lifan 140 for nearly 3 yrs and covered about 3500-4000 miles on it with no trouble until this week when 3rd gear gave out. my brother bought a lifan 140 and the spinner came loose after about 100 miles, so Its seems to just be luck of the draw from what I've seen. I've got a yx140 which I've done about 700 miles on, been fine apart from me breaking the kick start shaft when it kicked back on me. The yx seems to have a bit more go than the lifan. Hope this helps and good luck with whatever you choose

Latest posts

Back