Best upgrades for my bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djeuro

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a pitster pro xjr50 ss and was wondering what mods i could do to give me that extra performance

Things i have done so far:

1. Replaced standard shock with a fastace 250lb shock
2. Replaced gaskets for carby and exhaust
3. New two brothers kick starter

I no those mods are nothing special but i have to start some where

Using the bike for trails and bush riding

What sort of power are you chasing? Small increase in power or a big jump? You could a small increase by getting a bigger exhaust, tb rev box, slightly bigger carb or jetting the carb you have correctly etc. Then you can go big bore kits, or just buy a gpx 125 for 450 bucks and have more piwer than you could need in such a small franr

I'd have to disagree with the bigger exhaust and bigger carb option. A bigger exhaust might give you slightly more up top but will take away all your down low power, if it feels sluggish now then it will be worse with a bigger exhaust not to mention needing to tune and re-jet the carb. Back pressure is what you want in these smaller bore engines. Also a bigger carb is going to do the same thing but add the dramas of needing to sort the tuning out, if your looking for the smallest amount of gain up top then go for it but you bought a 50cc so I'm guessing speed ain't what your after?
There's not a lot of mods you can do on a 50cc apart from just proper tuning, rev box, good coil and lead. Then your looking at 88 kits and throwing in a bigger bore engine then you can start to throw on bigger pipes, carbs and what not cause they have decent down low power and have the room to breath.

Last edited:
Awesome and what forks are good for these bikes and dont cost a bundle of $$$ looking to get a nice smooth ride and also height and what is everyones opinion on running a 12" front rim????

I'd have to disagree with the bigger exhaust and bigger carb option. A bigger exhaust might give you slightly more up top but will take away all your down low power, if it feels sluggish now then it will be worse with a bigger exhaust not to mention needing to tune and re-jet the carb. Back pressure is what you want in these smaller bore engines. Also a bigger carb is going to do the same thing but add the dramas of needing to sort the tuning out, if your looking for the smallest amount of gain up top then go for it but you bought a 50cc so I'm guessing speed ain't what your after?
There's not a lot of mods you can do on a 50cc apart from just proper tuning, rev box, good coil and lead. Then your looking at 88 kits and throwing in a bigger bore engine then you can start to throw on bigger pipes, carbs and what not cause they have decent down low power and have the room to breath.
Fair enough, dhz offer a pro circuit copy to suit it in the big boyz package, thought it must be a viable upgrade. Same with the 19mm mikuni carb, I have seen heaps smaller jin kei carbs on the china fifties and figured a decent carb could be worth looking at.

I agree with Brendo here. These bikes come with a carb that's too big already and the pipe is well suited. I'd leave the pipe alone. The forks are poo. Maybe get some crf50 style forks and do them up?

Latest posts

Back