best value bike on the market

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coolie this bike makes yours look like a orion!
(dont ban me)
vegasbike_pipeside_2.gif

vegas110_engine2-1.gif

Ah, no and no.
We talkin new bikes ... and coolie, you loose by around $1000 bux plus plus

Last edited:
for starters price aint everythin mate
the frame on mine is worth the differance

and sus compareing that bike to mine is like putting mine up against a pitpro

thats a pretty sic unit though

ah, no again ... that frame might look slick but what is the real benefit.
Frame value is around $500 ex china

Cost to make that frame, around $50 ... I used to make alloy wheels and i know the costs involved.

Also having worked in the alloy manufacturing industry, and being qualified in engineering, i wouldnt trust that frame. It looks weak to start with, then one little porosity bubble just under the surface in the wrong place and your bike is in 2 halves. The torsional strength relies on the frames weakes point, and that is a very thin strip of cast alloy.

Contrary to common beleifs, these frames are not billet. They are cast, then machined as are a lot of parts that are advertised as billet.

You are not going to buy a quality billet frame for that price. These frames are quite common on chinese bikes. The frames are produced by JJC but because of their relationship with ciniworks, are not freely available here.

http://www.jjcchina.com/Accessory/2%20Frame/7%20CNC%20KLX%20frame/CNC-KLX-frame-365.jpg

Yes, the MSO is a great bike, and highly regarded, but is lower speced than the PIMPIT models. The PIMPIT models are as yet unproven in the australian market, but knowing the components and frames come from the same factory that supplies other high end brands, I know they are quality.

The ciniworks frame may look strong with all those triangles but your standard tube type frame is actially stronger. The thin strip of alloy joining those triangles is the weak spot. (a chain is only as strong as its weakest link)

The Arch or a cylinder. While its true that triangles are very strong there is a very common misconception that they are the strongest shape for all applications in engineering and construction.

People tend to look at things such as cantilever bridge and assume that the forces on that traingle are all pointing in the downward direction which is not true . The same misconception is true for another type of structure called the cable stay bridge....once again not all of the force in directed in such a way that it truly tests the strengths of the joints of the so called triangle.

Many historic bridges use arches and these are the bridges that are still standing today. Look at the support columns of bridges that actually carry the load. How many triangles do you see? You dont, since what you see is a cylinder or a square that encases a steel piling.

The mechanics of static force analysis are too in depth to be explained here but once you understand them you will see that the mathmaticians that came up with the 'triangles are stongest idea' obviously dont know much when it comes to actually enginnering a structural component.

copy that
as for the bubbles well shit happens i spose you gotta trust the alloy casting out of tiawan i know the top mountain bike riders do

but havn't snapped it yet and have hit some big stuff
and at $3000 compared to $4000 for it's competitors value for money dude
i'm happy

and the cini riders freestyle more than race keep your eye's peeled at king of the coast

So anyway, getting back to the point, you were saying the diff between your bike and the PIMPIT is the frame quality. I think this has been proven un true.

So for the $3000 for your bike, and the $1300 - $1400 for the PIMPIT, where is the $1600 - $1700 extra dollars ???

I know for a fact that the PIMPIT's are being sold at near cost to establish themselves in the market, and with Ciniworks, you are paying the extra money for the name. ( and so the owner can drive a BMW )

Haha ... top mountain bike riders my ass ...
Top riders dont use anything out of taiwan. This I also know for a fact.
And mountain bike frames aren't cast. They are made from extruded tube.
Apart from components, which the majority are billet.

the owner sure doesn't drive a bmw

as for pimpit they are gunna be selling at cost for a long time dude lets see how long they last or lets see how many people they put out of business that actually do things for the industry

ciniworx are on there second container of this bike and have not had one issue and the likes of mox and paul and richie are hitting some big stuff richie was telling me he has even flat landed off the ramps and hasn't killed it '

i've seen twin spar chromo frames snap goin through woops
and have given then a floging to

at that note i've seen honda's do the same thing

all i really know is motovert wanted to charge me 4 grand for a chromo frame and a motor that would lunch it self in 4hrs so the choice was simple for me

Latest posts

Back