best way to get snapped bolt out?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topguntravis

Reaction score
the bolt that tightens my gear shifter has snapped and piece of it is stuff inside the thread. its just your cheap china stock bolt so how is best way to get it out? i'm thinking drill it out which may not work or easy-out.
suggestions. also since the thread is probly crossed ill be needing a new shifter.

get another nut and sit it on top, and weld it there, the heat also helps free it up. then when its red hot just unwind it

my dad did this when the bolt broke on the thing that mounts carbie to head:
1. get a chisel or flat head screwdriver and a hammer
2. tap a notch into the sheared bolt
3.once there is a good enough gap screw it out!
hope it helps

Last edited:
ahh yeh i've done that before on something else but its not just the head of the bolt that snapped off. its further in a hole so i can't really file a gap for screw driver.

just get a drill a bit over size off the hole the bolt is in just a bit larger not much , drill it right through , pull leaver off , place in bin , search fleebay ,buy another cheap assed leaver and hey presto

just get a drill a bit over size off the hole the bolt is in just a bit larger not much , drill it right through , pull leaver off , place in bin , search fleebay ,buy another cheap assed leaver and hey presto

no fleabay needed:p i got one off me old bike he bort.;)
and thanks for checking that out and the pm snitchy

Latest posts

Back