big bike help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tas

Reaction score
hey guys i have been looking to buy a 250cc. i have been looking at 09 yz 250f or a 09 kx250f or mabey a brand new crf 250. what i am asking are these bikes hard to handle? im 17 anabout 5'8 tall so i should be big enough for it. if any one has some advice or tips that would be handy. cheers

easier to handle then a mini bike

because you have more leg space and the bigger the wheels the less bumps you will feel which will make it easier

as long as you start out slow and learn to control the power overall it will be pretty easy but jumping and going nuts is a different story

id go the crf250 just because i like them :p

why can you only get a 09 yzf and kxf ? but you can get a brand new crf ? i would go kxf but its really personal preference. there not to bad to handle just suck it up and hang on

i have the choice of the 3 bikes atm. i can get the crf250 threw finance. well i can get any bike threw finance but those where the ones that i likedthe most. so far

I have a crf250 but i rode my mates 2010 kx250f and the power from the bottom end is completely different when you snap the throttle it takes off like a two stoke, Id rather the Quaker. I dont know if the year bike is the same though as a 2010 or if they are the same

I have a crf250 but i rode my mates 2010 kx250f and the power from the bottom end is completely different when you snap the throttle it takes off like a two stoke, Id rather the Quaker. I dont know if the year bike is the same though as a 2010 or if they are the same

might be because of the fuel injection in the newer models?
not sure what year your 250 is though..

im not sure but the 2010 kx250's dont have fuel injection yet its only the 450's

personaly i like the new crf250r, they look sweet
the new crf250s are fuel enjected now anyway, but apparently the kx250fs are ment to be an unberlievable bike to ride :)

i dont think the 09 models are fuel enjected though

cheers
viper

Yeah id love to have the new crf's they look way better and the whole bikes better but mum doesnt like spending money on racing or motorbikes altogether

Never buy Toys with a credit!!! bad idea ;)
BTW the Suzuki 2011 is the freaking machine
suzuki.gif

Never buy Toys with a credit!!! bad idea ;)
BTW the Suzuki 2011 is the freaking machine
suzuki.gif

i dunno mate if your smart with money its okay, i got a 2008 rmz250 with a personal loan of $5000 and paid it off in 3 months, i also just brought my sons 2011 crf50 on a credit card took me 4 weeks to pay it off and i didn't pay any interest. was the smart idea for me i believe

yeah well i can aford it i think the finace starts from $50 a week and i get about $250 a week so it will stiill leave me with enough money. but ill have to put it in the parents name. as im under 18 and no credit rating

if im correct thats a 6 year loan which makes it close to $15000 for a bike you could pick up for 9000 im a firm believer in not buying toys on credit especially a dirt bike what if you do a top end? will take for ever to save to repair it while still paying the repayments. but best of luck to you just dont get in above your head

if im correct thats a 6 year loan which makes it close to $15000 for a bike you could pick up for 9000 im a firm believer in not buying toys on credit especially a dirt bike what if you do a top end? will take for ever to save to repair it while still paying the repayments. but best of luck to you just dont get in above your head

i see what your saying. but what i have in my mind is wait like a year to buy the bike or get it now. its a hard choice.

i wouldn't go into a loan only making 250 a week, i would save with my loan most weeks i was paying - $200- $500 so yea maybe save or buy a cheap mini to play around on while saving

4 stroke mxers second hand go for peanuts you could get an 09 250f easy in 12 months if you saved 150 a week or even a 08/07 if you saved a 100 a week.... i want a 250 2stroke and they hold there value better then most 4 strokes :(

well i alredy have a mini so its not as if im missing out on the fun. the 09 kxf250 and the yzf250 are about 6900 at the bike shop but if i looked around i could find cheaper thanks for the tips

Deffs go th new crf250 !! I would kill for 1 :angry-smiley-010: theyr heaps easier 2 ride thn a mini nd u can just throw them over anything whole you're riding :) they're AMAZING especially th new 1s. Tjwyve all got direct injection engines so they're incredible :angry-smiley-010:

Latest posts

Back