Big Bike Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tas

Reaction score
hey there im buying a new bike but i cant decide withch on i want i weigh 80kg if that helps. the 2 bikes im looking at are 08 kx 450 full rebuild i was the first to ride it after it was done or the other one is a 2010 rmz 250 they are both pretty stock bikes im looking at just trail riding and grass track racing. this is my first "big" bike. if anyone can help with stuff like maitmence difrence or what they would rather and why?

Thanks Heaps

Got any links or pictures of the bikes in question, and their for sale adverts ??

I would go with the rmz250 it would be better if it was your first big bike but i guess it depends on what you want out of the bike. 450 would be alot more powerful and you would really need that power if your just trail riding. Whats the price difference between the two.

the rmz250 has a weak gearbox they always have from 2007 on do a search on google for rmz250 jump out of gear (false neutrals and see how much it costs to fix(heaps and then they stuufup again),still a problem with the 2012 model,suzuki refuse to accept they have a problem
the kx in all the ranges good tuff bike but not quite the stock grunt of others but if you can use all the power it has you should be riding pro

the rmz250 has a weak gearbox they always have from 2007 on do a search on google for rmz250 jump out of gear (false neutrals and see how much it costs to fix(heaps and then they stuufup again),still a problem with the 2012 model,suzuki refuse to accept they have a problem
the kx in all the ranges good tuff bike but not quite the stock grunt of others but if you can use all the power it has you should be riding pro

You do realise kawasaki use suzuki parts and vise versa.

You do realise kawasaki use suzuki parts and vise versa.

Yeah, in 04 and 05, the KXF and RMZ 250's were the same bike. He was talking strictly 07 up. Suzuki and Kawasaki were well and truly building their own bikes by then.

As for saying the Kawis are down on power, that is more mis-information. They went several years when they made the most power of any 250F standard, and have always been good in the power department.

Last edited:
I don't think the kawi is down on power i reckon other more of a animal compared to my mates 2010 crf 450

I don't think the kawi is down on power i reckon other more of a animal compared to my mates 2010 crf 450

you are right Tas, you were talking Kawi 450's. All the Kawi 450's have always had big power, especially the early ones which were 4 speed, as the guys doing the R&D at the factories in Japan were still in two stroke mode, cos those early 450's had so much midrange pull, that they could be scary to ride. I know a lot of pros who put heavier flywheel weights on just to tame them down a bit.

Yeah they decently have the power Haha i brought it yesterday I'll upload a pic tonight if i get time

If your 80kg, I would go for the 450. Im only 70kg and i got bored of the 250F power.

Latest posts

Back