Big Bike Opinion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nafe

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking at buying another full size bike over the next few weeks, i wanted some peoples opinion on some 250 2 strokes. The obvious options are cr250, sx250 , rm250 ,yz250, kx 250.

My budget is between 3.5 - 4k. The things i look for in a good bike are reliability,cheap service/maintenance/parts and performance.

Since i began riding about 6 years ago i have always wanted a KTM 250 Sx, the sound, the power, the brakes. Everything about them i love but have never had the pleasure of owning one. So i am currently leaning towards the KTM (not interested in EXC models though)

I wanted to get peoples tried and tested opinion on some 2smokes around the 2003-2005 era what were the pros and cons?

Why stop at 250cc..? You can get always get a 300exc and strip the road gear for some real fun! ;)

yeah i looked at them, the price is almost the same and the thought did cross my mind.

yz250s seem realy popular . but the cr would have to be 1 of the moste reliable bikes . ktms parts are way to expensive

RM-250, mates got a 2010 mod one, and its a bullet put me on my ass chaing 2nd to 3rd on the back wheel :p

i know your not going new, but still, ktm parts are to expensive, so i wouldn't go them,

picked up my new bike last night, took it for a spin today, absolutely stoked with it!

bike.jpg

02 cr250 i keep opening the garage and looking at it lol like a kid on christmas

what are the symptoms? how can i keep it good condition?

they get clogged up, with that gooey black resin just take the inspection cover off & spray it

sick as, will do. any other things i should look out for?

this is probably a stupid question but what would the 250 2 banger be equal to in the 4 strokes? 450?

its hard to compare. you have to ride each bike differently. i switched from racing 2 strokes to 4 strokes becaose it suited my riding style, but i have raced guys that were just as fast on their two stroke as i was on my 4 stroke. but as far as MA supp regs are concerned the 125 two strokes go in with the 250 4 strokes, and the 250 2 strokes go in with the 450 4 strokes

Latest posts

Back