Big bore 160 or 190 anima ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeto252

Reaction score
Just scored myself a second hand lxr with 160ho engine and was looking for some opinions on either 184 big bore or spend the little bit more and get the 190 anima :confused-smiley-013

190 anima all the way. people that have put 184 bbk's on the z160HO's have been getting bottom end problems, plus the anima is 4v, and a sick engine. but its all about money, and a 160HO with a 184 will still be a sick engine, you'll be hootin! but in the long run, i think ur better off with the daytona.

i've had both and have the 190 anima in my lxr now, so far i perfer the 184 as the 190 has just been a pain in the ass.
ive got it going now and its got more torque then the 184 and a little bit faster. the 184 i have is very top end power like a 2 stroke, no bottom power at all but the daytona has heaps of bottom end power to top end power.
dont like that the spark plugs are over priced and cant get them in shops and can only run 1 carby on it.
the auto decomp is crap. the clutch is really nice, softer then my 250f. has smooth gear changes
adjusting the valves is much easier on the daytona then the V2 head.
the daytona you'll probably have less gearbox related issues if you kickstart it correctly then with the 184.

with the 184 when i got it first year i had 2 gearbox issues then cam gear shearing off. then pretty much a year without a problem. i did the gearbox earily last year then it sat for awhile (got 250f) then fixed it 30 minutes of riding valve snapped and chipped the piston. then got the daytona for my birthday. since then havent had much luck with getting the daytona started or to run longer then 20 minutes.

best carby to get for the 184 is the keihin pwk28 and for the daytona you can only run the keihin PE28 from my experience

keihin pwk28 is about $200 v2 head is $390 big bore kit is $235 = 825 then you need jets but thats only like 5=10 bucks
daytona you need the pe28 which is $200 then some jets and a 16mm kickstart, doesnt come with one when you buy it. also need a new exhaust system as its a crf style head not the normal klx style
so thats like 1800-2000 bucks there
doubt you'll have the problems ive had with it if you get the pe28, with the pwk28 just kept fouling plugs and tuning did nothing at all to help it.
hope thats useful for you.

Got nothing but good things to say about the anima 190. Power is awesome all the way through, auto decomp is awesome just kick away so easy to start second to third kick most days, put oil in it, put fuel in it and away you go no issues so far.
Check out the vids on my build thread and you'll see how she revs!

Yeah I was leaning more towards the anima thought might of got out of it abit a little cheaper with the 184 but I think the anima will probably be the choice might just have to bolt the 160 into my postie

lets be honnest i came around at a time the anima was rumored but not out..
i have a 155 with tb head because at the time i got a bike with it and it worked out being a hell of alot cheaper than buying a daytona..
i think i would buy a daytona now probably if was going to buy a new yx.. (dont know why you would..)
the gearbox's hold up for quite a while with only a tb head but 184 not as long but have seen them do quite a few hours with the stock box in
and the gearbox's are only 100 bucks

Latest posts

Back