Big bore kit for yx150?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minibiker

Reaction score
My mate has got a yx150 motor but its one that looks like the yx160 exact same as this engine
en-yx-150-k.jpg

I couldnt find the 172cc bore kit for it could anyone link it, would the 184cc bore kit work on it since theyre similar?

I didnt quite undertsnad what you said, so dont they have the 172cc bore kits?

if you use that bore it will be 171 cc
just because its called a 184 does not mean its a 184 it is just a 64mm boresize and with your stroke on the yx 150 (53mm) it makes it 171 cc

I didnt quite undertsnad what you said, so dont they have the 172cc bore kits?

Who is this for? The TB kit will make it 171 like Zac said, same as what I run on my bike. Loads of power down low to, no change up top. In fact I could easily go up 5 main jet sizes I reckon, or a 28mm carb would help it.

if you use that bore it will be 171 cc
just because its called a 184 does not mean its a 184 it is just a 64mm boresize and with your stroke on the yx 150 (53mm) it makes it 171 cc

Yeah i know all i was wanting to know is that will the 184cc bore kit would work on it because i cant find the 172cc so my local shop has the 184cc kit so if i buy that would it go on?

Who is this for? The TB kit will make it 171 like Zac said, same as what I run on my bike. Loads of power down low to, no change up top. In fact I could easily go up 5 main jet sizes I reckon, or a 28mm carb would help it.

Phil its for the bike i brought last week im getting it after i get my gpx sold, cause i couldnt find the 172cc bore kits but atomik has the 184cc so yeah if you know what i mean

it's the same kit. In a 160 it becomes 184, in a 150 it is 172 or whatever it is.
I think your local shop is charging too much for that kit though

it's the same kit. In a 160 it becomes 184, in a 150 it is 172 or whatever it is.
I think your local shop is charging too much for that kit though

Nice thats all i needed to know, um its at atomik its $230 ive looked on dhz its $235 plus $10 postage ofcourse and atomik is really cheaper than the rest i couldnt find a cheaper one

you could wait for one from akunar wait about 2 weeks for it...
he is cheap as chips
i dont like the people down at atomik much though if its cheaper there go for it

may as well get the head, intake, carb, throttle cable, air filter all at the same time, hehe

you could wait for one from akunar wait about 2 weeks for it...
he is cheap as chips
i dont like the people down at atomik much though if its cheaper there go for it

yeah that akunar guy is funky, got some cool stuff too. He has a 200 kit too I think? hmmm

may as well get the head, intake, carb, throttle cable, air filter all at the same time, hehe

Wont have enough for the whole lot, after i get the bike ive got to do a fair bit of other stuff on it first then the bore kit and yeah might get the tb head later, btw who is akunar. webiste or anything i could have a look at or?

oh and the bike has already got an oko28mm so it will be a good setup you reckon?

oh and the bike has already got an oko28mm so it will be a good setup you reckon?

yeah thats great, actually what im going to go to later on..
but when you install the tb head you will want the higher flow manifold also

I think mine is Akunar, the piston in mine is stupidly huge. Same as me

I think mine is Akunar, the piston in mine is stupidly huge. Same as me

Hahahahahhaaha phil, i might just go and get the one from atomik much easier for me since its closer no need to go through hastle of internet haha

Make sure you ask them for the TB sticker, very important, 5 hp right there

Latest posts

Back