Big bore kit from 125 to 140?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordesky1

Reaction score
Hi just saw this big bore kit on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dirt-Pit-Bi...DefaultDomain_100&hash=item27ccc35100&vxp=mtr

And was wondering do i have to install the crankshalf? Cause i would need to split the case to do that which i herd is a pain.

I have a lifan 125 also.

Also how hard is it to install the piston and rings?

Never did it before but im pretty good with stuff tho, I herd 2strokes are like a 20 to 30min job cause they easier because don't have to mess with the timing chain and stuff.

But ya finally got my pitbike running perfect after adjusting the valves which made a big difference.. But i just want a bit more power out of it lol

Was going to buy a 160cc engine for it but cant afford 600$ for it right now. and the 150$ is pretty cheap to make it a 140.

Its not too hard, but budget for a flywheel puller, clutch nut tool, a good set of circlip pliers, an impact driver and a full gasket set. And depending on wha size carb your 125 is running you may need a bigger one to make use of the extra cc's.

just putting it out there fella have you checked the price of a 140 motor? might be cheaper to buy a full motor for the time that you will spend and money for tools etc. just a thought, hope the piston matches yous lifan 125 head as your valves might be smaller or larger depending evrything isnt as easy as t looks untill you pull your top end off and experiment :) good luck

So i do need to install the crank shaft to? Or can i just use the old one and just do the piston and rings?

Carb i have on it now is the stock one that came with the engine when i bought it which is a 22mm.

just putting it out there fella have you checked the price of a 140 motor? might be cheaper to buy a full motor for the time that you will spend and money for tools etc. just a thought, hope the piston matches yous lifan 125 head as your valves might be smaller or larger depending evrything isnt as easy as t looks untill you pull your top end off and experiment :) good luck

Yea i looked at the price of a 140 and the price is around 400, which for that price i would just go for the 160.

But i have all the tools to do it, But if i have to install that crank shalf i probably will wait till i can afford the 160, Cause i really don't want to split the case lol But last i herd you ony need the piston and rings ony right?

its a hard one. this is my problem:

im building a gpx motor at the moment and wanted to buy the new V2 146 kit but talking to the bloke that was going to sell it to me said my gpx crank is to short to make the 146CC range and if i wanted to change to a lifan crank which is longer i would make 146cc. but i didnt want to do that so he will have to shorten the cylinder 9mm to take up the shortness in my gpx crank.... its a head doer!!

whats the size of your current piston? 54mm? and whats the size of this piston that you want to get. reason id say they are selling it with crank is because you need the stroke length to make 140cc if you know what i mean so yes you will need to crack cases to get the CC's

hope this aint to much of a head F***

Shop around 140s can be had for under $300. That being said, guy at work bought a new 160 atomik off ebay for like 640, he just watch their auctions for a week till he got one for a price he was happy with. If you do that, swap over motors and any other parts you like and sell it again. Probably be your cheapest option once all said and done

Yea i probably just save up for a motor than, So far i cant find no 140s under 300$ tho, Cheapest is 350$ plus shipping from piranha on ebay.

Tho if im going to spend that much i probably would spend 100 or 200$ more on the piranha 160 instead. Or the 150 for 423$ If i can find a 140 for under 300$ i would go with that, But having no luck finding one.

Are the 150 and 160 piranhas worth it?

Yea i probably just save up for a motor than, So far i cant find no 140s under 300$ tho, Cheapest is 350$ plus shipping from piranha on ebay.

Tho if im going to spend that much i probably would spend 100 or 200$ more on the piranha 160 instead. Or the 150 for 423$ If i can find a 140 for under 300$ i would go with that, But having no luck finding one.

Are the 150 and 160 piranhas worth it?

pretty sure there a similar engine, other than a close range gearbox and a hd 6plate clutch...
you will find a second hand bike with a motor you want to be more rewarding (comes with spare parts remember)

Motodevo has a point man, atomik 160's can sell for under $600 so you get the yx160 and many parts which can be sold off to pay it off or keep the parts as spares.

Seeing you're mentioning piranha im guessing your in the US, since most of us are in Australia, we arent going yo know the best deals local to you but seeing our dollars are at parity pretty much I reckon you should be able to find better prices than piranha has

Yea so far not having any luck finding cheaper engines or even bikes.

Pretty much ony pitbikes i found local are 125s that cost around 400 and up, But im pretty much looking for 140cc and up.

Most likely i like to get a 160cc, Which why i might just go with the piranha 160cc in a couple months if i don't find a bike that's at least 140cc for a reasonable price, Or a 140 motor that's at least 300$

But sense i paid almost 300$ for my lifan 125 motor little over a year now on amazon,

I don't think i will find a 140 under 300 local here.. But i will keep checking tho sense i cant afford the piranha right now anyways for couple months so hopefully something shows up by than.

Latest posts

Back